First attempt at 'night' photography

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by aartwmich, Dec 7, 2002.

1. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

This is a street light near the freight station....maybe I need a filter? It looks really cool in person.

Attached Files:

2. Vic

Vic Active Member

Hope you don't mind...added a little night fog and got rid of the sodium vapor light.

Attached Files:

3. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

It looks Good Vic!! How did you DO that?????
  4. Vic

Vic Active Member

Using Paintshop Pro I first sharpened the image then moved the lighting balance all the way up. Saved that pic and then using MGI Photsuite added the fog. Tried to dim the light too but couldn't figure that one Shamus will do it!!!...he's a pro!! :)
  5. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

The real question to have taken it properly in the first place?? LOL Maybe Shamus will know that too??
  6. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Looks real good. Maybe a little light in the window might really set the scene.
  7. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

Yah 88..adding alot more lights is one of the 4000 things I want to do to my ......along with learning how to use the camera better

SO many little time and energy
  8. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi aartwmich, I liked the photo around the other way, Ooops.

Looks like you took the photo just using the light from the street lamp to light the scene. This kind of light is not really good enough for a colour print with a 35mm camera, on the other hand, if you are using a Digital camera and you can set it for incandescent lighting then you should be able to get a fair representation, colour wise. If your camera is digital but hasn’t got that facility, just get hold of an 80B or 80A filter and hold it in front of the lens when taking the photo.

On my website and here in the gauge is an article I wrote on Model Photography.

Attached Files:

9. Vic

Vic Active Member

Hi Shamus, I caught what you did....won't say...lets see if anyone else catches it!!:D :D :D It will take some sharp eyes won't it.:D
  10. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

Well Vic..looks like he did about the same as you 'cept he mirrored it vertically and didn't shrink it.

So what am I not seeing??
  11. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

My turn

Let me try, and I added a little lite in the window also :rolleyes: ;)

Attached Files:

12. Vic

Vic Active Member

Hehehe! got it .... he did nothing other what you described!!!:D :D :D :)