Fireball XL5 model project

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by peter taft, Sep 22, 2008.

1. peter taft

peter taft Guest

Hi Folks. Just to let you know FIREBALL XL5 is now COMPLETE
    Work on SATURN V Begins
  2. mvink

mvink Member

SWEET! I want one!

3. angevine

angevine Member

There was a version of Fireball XL5 available as a free download by Pierre Fontaine but I can't remember the site.
  4. Tim Crowe

Tim Crowe Member

I'll show you mine if you show me yours;

View attachment 70689

Bits of it are a little wonky as they keep getting knocked of when played with by my six-year old.

I think there is a separate thread going at the moment listing Jerry Andersons creations. If no luck PM me for a copy

5. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

Hi this is the Anderson thread that gives the links to supercar and the ole girl herself It also lists other Anderson models and a few wishes as well. As a hopeful Steve Zodiac I look forward to seeing your progress.
    Cheers Phil
  6. peter taft

peter taft Guest

RE:Fireball XL5

Hi Phil. Just to say thanks for the thread and to let you know that i have uploaded some pictures of XL5's work so far. The Location is a Social Group i've called Fireball XL5 Enthusiasts. There are descriptions to each image in single view mode. Let me know what you think. Hope you like her. Regards. Pete :wave:
  7. Gixergs

Looking great Pete she's going to be a real beaut. In the Anderson thread I posted a link to the Great Martin Bowers site, he has a nice XL5 model there with some great referance pictures that might be of help. All the best Phil
  8. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Fantastic. I can't wait to see it. I built 4 of the small simpler XL-5 paper model (shown above) for my kids, and even PSed new numbers on them to reflect the different patrol ships from the show. None have survived the play they went through, though.

I still love this ship and would be ecstatic to have a more sophisticated version...not that there's anything wrong with the free model already available.
  9. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

have you got some good reference pics for the ship? Might have a go at a more detailed version. I remember this from waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy back!

So far back I didn't even know what colour the ship was :p
  10. Gixergs

11. Gixergs

My heart would be a fireball, thought this might be of help :mrgreen:
  12. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

would be nice to make Junior detach, but I can't see a neat way of doing it without using magnets or some such ... which I don't like to do.

Got to give that some thought.

Might work if I make a cover piece that can slot on in place of the Junior section or some such. Open to suggestions!

Otherwise, it would have to be a single model with the option to build it as 2 parts.
  13. peter taft

peter taft Guest

I think that magnets {some small ones - pref round} is the neatest solution to seperating Junior from the main fuselage of XL5. If you print 2 copies of her and make the seperation before the build, you could include some GLUE TABS to the rear of JUNIOR and the front of the FUSELAGE to which you can glue BULKHEADS, glue a magnet to one and a STEEL washer or nut to the other... It's only a light model so there shouldn't be a problem with Junior falling off. Hope this helps. Regards. Pete.:wave:
  14. peter taft

peter taft Guest

Nice plan shot here... She really is BEAUTIFUL Phil. Regards. Pete
  15. Gixergs

A thought I had , one of the few, is where the back of Jnr extends back have that fit into the end of the main fusalage with a peg that locates up the engine exhaust of the Jnr assembly. I dont know if this could be made to work or how long it would last but other than the magnet method it's the only way I can think of.
  16. maucutt

maucutt New Member

I do not recall who made this but it is a fantastic card model I bought from a Sci-fi store in the Mall of America in the early 90s. It's very detailed and as is builds to 20" in length. I had reproductions made on card stock and this model from my website is three feet long.
  17. peter taft

peter taft Guest

These are really good... That's the 1st SKY 1 paper model i have ever seen {i guess the rest of the sub wasn't available cos you would have shown it}. Is that the SPACESHIP in LOST IN SPACE? if YES can you remind me what she was called. Regards. Pete.:wave:
  18. smyfe

smyfe Member

Hi Peter, the spaceship fron Lost in Space is called the Jupter 2. There is a model of Sky 1 complete with Diver [sub] section, though it doesn't seem to be available at the moment. If you would like a copy pm me and I will send it to you:thumb::thumb:
  19. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Is that Jaybat's Jupiter 2?
  20. Gixergs

In the other Gerry Anderson thread there is a link to the Dpileggi site which in turn links to the Garry Pilsworth models which has the Sky one as well as other Anderson models, it is not working at the moment but I am sure it will be up again soon so its well worth keeping an eye on. I believe Gary post to this forum so a trawl through the other threads might prove fruitful. Back to the Motogp 125 race now Cheers Gix