Fire Fire Everywhere!!

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Bionic Modeler, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Well as it stands right now they have put extra resources on our fire and there is a steady stream of helo's droping on the fire. It looks like they are getting it under control from shat I can see. But they haven't lifted the evacuation orders. The did open some of the burned out areas to the residents to return though. So far over 350,000 homes (that's homes not people) have been evacuated so far. Orders come in hourly about new areas. We are relatively close to the Sweetwater Reservour so the helo-s don't have far to travel for water. That's it for now. I think the DC-10 is in L.A.
    I really appreciate the offers of help which really demonstrates the human spirit that exists here in this small forum community. All your comments have given me a lift. Thanks everybody.
  2. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

So you're saying the calvary has arrived, Tim?

That's hopeful news!:thumb:

Hang in there...

3. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

We're all just helping ya' throw the lemon back, Tim! :thumb: If we were closer to you we'd help out also. Alabama is a bit far to travel I'd imagine. Still... if y'all are ever out this way (Gulf Coast) just holler. Love to meet you or anyone else in the group. Can't put you all up at the same time......I do have a big backyard though......if you all brought tents......hmmm. :cool::mrgreen:

Elliott :thumb:
  4. Regie

Regie Member

Hey - thinking of you mate, and wishing you luck - hope it all turns out right.
  5. Michiru-Kaiou

Michiru-Kaiou Member

I wish you luck. As well as all the other residents of California threatened by those fires.
    You are all in my thoughts.

best wishes Michiru
  6. Well guys and gals we are still here. The winds shifted last night so we are not out of danger yet. But we are very fortunate to have dodged the bulltes so far. We have everything we need to take with us on a cart ready to load in the truck if need be. But so far so good. The air is terrible. Smells like fall in the midwest when people burn their leaves. Ash everywhere like snow. They are telling people not use lawn blowers as it just makes the problem worse. Also not to use anything but water to wash off the ash from your cars and windshields. Wiper blades will scratch the glass. Well we still have a place to sleep. Nearly a million here are displaced right now. I would offer my home but then they just might have to move again. Better they go where there is no danger. Anyway keep the comments coming we appreciate the support. Keeps me busy too. No point in making models they might not make it.
  7. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

That's good news, Tim. The weather forecast seems to hold out some hope as the weekend approaches. The TV coverage of the fires is sad but the courage and tenacity of the people and firefighters is heartening. Hang on!

8. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers, Tim.
    You, yours, and everyone else out there.
    Be careful, stay safe, and keep checking in to let us know what's going on and that your and your family are OK.
    Don't worry about any models. There will be plenty of time for that, later.

We're all pulling for you!

9. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Yeah, Tim - a "Best of Luck" from me too!!! Now the TV guys are saying that at least 2 of the fires were deliberately set. :eek::eek:

We hear about this stuff all too often, turns out most times to be an over ambitious firefighter.. One of those low life idiots that give all the good "heroes" a bad name......

We'll see, hopefully whoever did it will be found, but it's not likely.....
  10. winterschmied

winterschmied Member

Good luck to you and all the others living in that burning area. May the fires not destroy to much irretrievables.

(sitting in a cold and cloudy Germany)
  11. Fabs

Fabs New Member

May our prayers help you...Good luck!
  12. caugh caugh hack hack--- Well we are now finally out of the woods.---- I think. We were left unscathed. Not so for many other San Diegans though. However, i must say their spirit is excellent. Evereyone is pretty happy how the authroities handled the situation. The gonernator, the Mayor, the fire depts, police and oh yeah the president too. Up to now he hasn't been very popluar in these woods because he has never cared before when CA was in need of help. But this time he stepped up big time. So thanks to all for your concern and good words. It kept me busy through some troublesome times. Cheers to you all!!!
  13. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

That's a relief (in your case anyways) Tim.:cool:

I saw on the news about Jim and Carol Wall down there that lost almost everything in the fire (but definitely not their spirits). I just read, sadly, that their daughter had passed away a year earlier as well...

This is the sign they posted on top of the burned out rubble that days earlier was their home:

Now that's fortitude!:twisted:

14. winterschmied

winterschmied Member

Hey paperbeam,
    I think it's the only way of not getting a serious psychical damage.wall1 Or it's only the real humor:rofl: