Finished imgaes of Aliens Colony Models from the ALIENS Paper craft site

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ISNJH, Nov 1, 2008.

1. ISNJH

ISNJH New Member

Well just thought you guys would like to see how the pictures of my finished colony models from the Aliens paper model site turned out

I spent a winter building every single model from his site. I can’t wait for him to finish the rest of the colony buildings so my colony can be complete :D

Anyhow here are the photos’

2. Kjev

Kjev Member

Very nice work! Yours and his. I've visited his site several times in the past, but I never realized exactly how much stuff he had there.

I hope you sent him copies of your pictures. He'd probably love to see his designs done so well.
  3. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Excellent work. :thumb:
  4. ISNJH

ISNJH New Member

Thanks guys for the comments, it was a lot of fun building his models and I look forwards to building the rest when they are done. Also I have tried emailing him the links to my finished colony models but never got a reply back so I dont know if he got them or not.
  5. TonyG2

TonyG2 Member

Very nice indeed.

Can't wait til Jan finishes off the other colony buildings (and the atmosphere converter:mrgreen:).

Its worth looking out for the 1/144 modern US combat troop models from Pegasus models. THey are a tad large given the paper models are 1/148

Its hard to make out the details in this shot, but they are great for populating a diorama. Also Presier do some modern NATO ground crew figs in 1/144 that can be pressganged into service. No aliens though....

6. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Great work! I don't recall seeing other builds of these here. They're in my (rather extremely high) build pile. Got any more pics?
  7. ISNJH

ISNJH New Member

a while back I did have more build photo's but they got deleted off the server. they where mainly of the dropship model being built.
  8. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

really nice to see it al built and together! they are all in my pile as well!
  9. kingofprd

kingofprd Member

10. ISNJH

ISNJH New Member

Those are nice paper minis. are you going to do the rest of the marines?
  11. kingofprd

kingofprd Member

12. kingofprd

kingofprd Member

13. ISNJH

ISNJH New Member

very nicely done :) also were did you get the paper bottom for the landing grid. I did not think Jan had released that yet.

I cant wait until he does the colony storm walls and the other other colony buildings.

One thing I have thought of doing is building the colony module so that is it layerd. so the second story can lifted off showing inside of the colony building. so thent the building could be used in table top wargaming. I would do the seconds story the same way. I just need to think how to do it. then if I can get the idea to work I will post a step by step guide. if you guys want. so each floor of the colony could be used and have its own inside level.
  14. ISNJH

ISNJH New Member

also if you could mention to Jan some paper sentry turrets like the figures would be handy.
  15. kingofprd

kingofprd Member

Windbreaks are no longer developed. To all time low. Colony will certainly continue after the completion of other projects. Underlay the colony is the basis on which you can do different arrangements.
  16. davelant

davelant Member

I think people are 3% taller in the future.
  17. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

When did Jan release the base for the landing grid that your model is arranged on, I have been looking for that for ages?
  18. masterquetzal

masterquetzal New Member

Very nice work congratulations