Finish Question

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by twilight, Jul 19, 2010.

  1. twilight

    twilight Member

    Are Matte finish and flat finish the same? I always thought they were. But, with Krylon Matte finish I can see a little shine. Am I correct in thinking they are the same? If not, what flat finishes do you use?

  2. Doctor G

    Doctor G Active Member

    Dull that Shine

    Hi Mark,

    I like to use Testor's Dull Coat spray. It works very well. In the picture below the Barnhart loader used to be shiny plastic red....but no more after a couple of passes of Testor's Dull Coat.

    Hope this helps.

    Dr Tom

    Attached Files:

  3. steamhead

    steamhead Active Member

    I'm not familiar with the Krylon matte, but you can't go wrong with the Dullcote. Just use it in a well ventilated area...
  4. twilight

    twilight Member

    The dullcoat did the trick!!! Thanks guys:mrgreen:

Share This Page