fine tuning for engine,

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by rc10gt3jimbo, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

running ae .12 in my gt, right as i start,, i cant rev it . it takes a few mins of patience and slight tweeking of the trim nob, once i get it to rev up once with fine tuning of trims,, it "warms up" to the idea of reving normally,,,, if i let it idle for about 15 seconds it turns off, running temp at high rpm is 188, sounds like low end needle is too lean right? or is it high end is to rich,, just sluightly cause it runs of u work it , i know my high end i sway to rich as it spits gas, but would that effect acceleration, should i try richening low end or leaning high end first
  2. mastmec

mastmec Member

Small block should run between 210 and 260 deg. Your topend is too rich.
    The way to check low end is after warm up, let idle and pinch the fuel line at the carb, the RPMs should raise and it should stall in about 3-4 sec. If it just dies, too lean, if it takes longer to rev up, it's too rich.
    Also, you should be able to idle for about 6-8 sec and punch it, it should take off with little to no hesitation.
    A properly tuned engine will run a little rich during warmup, don't try to adjust any settings during this period, make all your adjustments after driving for a few minutes.
  3. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

ok i got it running and idling fine, spiting lil bit o gas at high end, and lil smoke, top temp i saw after beating onit for 5 passes was 263-268 i richened the low end abot 1/4 turn , and reset the high end to factory and 4laned it out a tiny bit,
  4. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

isit good to run my gt a few tanks at a time? like 2 - 3 tanks wait 10 , , , or will i mess things up
  5. mastmec

mastmec Member

It doesn't matter, some races are 5 min, others are 45 and 60 min.
  6. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

ok its kinda cold here today, and really windy, i have my car running, if im revvin it and hold it more then 50 % it spits out fluid and smokes, when it idles if theres stuff coming out then i dont see it, when im really really beating on it climbing 5 foot cliffs it does nice, when i first start it i gotta really play with it to get it to accept the high end then once i get i tto rev up right once it runs nice ,,, if i let it idle for too long after getting it working nicely it cools down and has trouble again where i gotta gradually work it up, then its great, hiest temp i saw after serious abuse was 220, at idle after a run 138 cuts off ususlly after a while at 138, idles around 148 to 190,, is something wrong or is it the cold,, or is my low end to rich i tried richening it more and it idles worse
  7. mastmec

mastmec Member

Sounds like it's still too rich. Don't try blasting it right after start up, just blip the trottle alittle driving it around untill it's warmed up. Also be sure to check the lowend mixture that will solve your idle issues.
  8. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

too rich ,, the problems im hving will make my engien last longwer, , , right, so its worth it,,,
  9. alisar70

alisar70 Member

Ok i had the Same problam please follow my instructions

First put your carb to a setting That smoke will come out
    2) After you see loades of smoke please open Your mixture screw (the idle screw) open it so YOu car idle'S and stays on
    3)then Blip your rev And then if it stalls just open the mixture Screw (idle) So that more petrol will go in than Air

TRUST ME I HAD THE SAME PROBLAM

IF U WANT MORE INFO PLEASE EMAIL ME AT: SHOOTING_SQUAD@HOTMAIL.COM
  10. mastmec

mastmec Member

alisar70, hold off on giving advise until you at least know the names of the items you are tring to describe, and telling people what to do with them.
    Your describtions are wrong and the directions your telling them to turn them are wrong as well.
    Also you don't want more fuel than air, it will no run.
    I'm not bashing you, just use your energy to read more and learn.
  11. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

mastmec im designing circutry ,, to make a programable automatic rc car, which could drive a course effortlessly ,,, from scratch man ;) let me know if u wanna know more details
  12. mastmec

mastmec Member

Sounds interesting, lets have some details.
  13. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

k today im getting the xtrra parts i need to start building the integrated circutry,, still on the breadboard , but it still works, ill take some pics later today around 9 pm,., hit me up on yahoo or msn if u want
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.