Fine Scale Foliage

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Fine Scale Foliage by Woodland Scenics - I'd heard about it, I'd fondled the package, but this afternoon I finally bought some. A bit pricey but WOW! It looks great.

Just thought y'all might like to know.

Cheers
Val

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
I saw this stuff at the industry show in Rosemont Il., at the Woodland Scenics booth, SPECTACULAR !!! I have to add though, those guys are far better at scenery than I am.
I got some of it when it became available, but haven't had the time to try it out yet.(too many projects)
Pete

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
I hanen't seen this WS product yet... Is it anything like "Decorator Moss"? People use it for planters, hanging flower baskets etc...
I get mine at a local craft store. Ben Franklin, AC Moore, Michaels--they all carry it. At about a buck a bag it's infinately cheaper than WS. The texture is very fine and makes great looking underbrush and shrubbery. I stuff wads of it under trees in wooded areas, mist on spray adhesive and sprinkle fine ground foam in different shades for color variation.

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Well, I'm using the scanner method to get a digital image online. No digital camera yet, sigh.
Here's what it looks like. Not moss, not lichen, not matted sheets of hairy green stuff. Definitely foreground scenery.

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 102

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
There's a company named Selkirk Scenery, I've only seen them mentioned in Mainline Modeler, that has made an excellant tree foliage for some time. I haven't seen the WS product, but wonder if it's similar. Too bad Selkirk couldn't/didn't get a bigger market share. They have a website but I don't know it right now and I'm going on vacation. Their address is 1516 19th Ave N.W., Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2m 1A8 Phone # 403-270-2690 Thought they probably wouldn't approve of the following as an example of what their product can look like, it was my first and so far only effort and I am sure many will follow. This is from the photos I took for the contest.

Attachments

• p1010027.jpg
    p1010027.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 95

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Originally posted by Matt Probst
:cool: Val...Way Cool!!...from now on I'm going to start levitating foliage! Gotta be less of a mental strain than boxcars and buildings!!!:D ;)

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

You're right about that. Especially if you mentally cut off the roots first.

Cheers,
Val
Levitator 2nd Class