Finally The CVR goes public

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Will_annand, Oct 15, 2004.

1. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Will: I think it was the first station; definitely not the witch's hat. Looked a bit like a barn with a porch on one end.
  2. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Don't think I have seen that one David. If you run across it again, please let me know what the book is. I am trying to collect all books on the areas history.
  3. Will_annand

I managed to get some work done today. I also updated my website. New photos in the Galleries.
  4. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Hey Will - the site looks great! Glad to see all the progress.

5. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Great stuff Will...! :thumb:

6. Will_annand

Thanks Val and Andrew.

It has been a long time coming together, but I am getting there.

Am I going to see either of you on the weekend at the Barrie train show?
  7. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

The layout looks great, Will. :thumb:
  8. Will_annand

It has been awhile since I did any work on the layout, opening my own shop cut into my hobby time.

Well, this weekend I managed to get some lighting up on the wall.

Also I am about 2/3 done wiring the control panel. Here is a shot of the work in progress.

When it is completed it will all be black and a blank panel will be across the back, also all the wiring will be underneath.

Yes I know the deisel is far too modern for the layout, but it belonged to a dear departed friend Robin Matthysen and is lettered for his "MAT" railway. It is in service now to clean and test the track.
  9. Will_annand

Big doings on the CVR this year.... like the good news - bad news routines....

The entire layout has been split up into it's 4 modules.

The train alcove is now an "Office" alcove.
    The office is now a "Train Room"

Two of the modules will have to come completely apart and one modified slightly.

I have completed the new track plan. (Output of Atlas Right Track imported into CorelDraw).

Now the fun begins.

10. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Great stuff Will! Glad to hear about the expanding empire. ;)

Hope all is well with the store too...

11. Will_annand

Thanks Andrew.

Yes the shop is going great, so far this year I have sold more railroad product than computer related product. The number one is still computer service.

We went to the BArrie Train Show and next will be the Lindsay show in April and the Midland show in May. Of course we will go to the Muskoka show in August.
  12. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Will...Looks like you have a real nice trackplan for this latest version....:thumb:

A bit of hindsight....You could have done the wiring using SPDT (Center off) switches...half the soldering & wiring to do....:mrgreen:
  13. Will_annand

Gus, the idea of the DPDT was that the toggles control direction of the train.
    That way with DC, you can have a train coming south and one going north, as long as they are on different blocks. Each "town station" will have a passing siding and each section of of mainline between towns is its own block.

Best simulation of DCC without the headaches/expense of DCC.
  14. Will_annand

Been busy this weekend. Here are some shots.

This first one is from the front door of our apartment.

Then around the room... what a mess.

Room is 3mx3m or 10'x10'
  15. Will_annand

Just a note for long time Guage members...

In the 4th picture above, the shelf high on the wall is a two part diorama.

On the left is a piece of Robin Matthysen's layout (Matthyro) with one of his cerealboard stations and an industry as well as a GP38 and 4 passenger cars custom painted and decaled for his MAT line.

On the right is a photo diorama I made up to show off my newest structure of piece of rolling stock or whatever.
  16. Will_annand

Well, weekly progress report time.

The benchwork is up, the back track is in from Orangeville around to Sligo Junction, just a small area left to do there...

Still to do: the mainline from Boston Mills to Alton.

Here are the 4 shots again:

More to come next week...
  17. jesso

jesso Member

Layout is looking very nice!:thumb: Your have a nice track plan!
  18. Will_annand

Thanks Scott, gonna try and get more done this weekend.
    My Prodigy Express System arrived this week. But I have not even started the wiring :) Still lots to do.
  19. Will_annand

Well, I have updated the website to include all my photos, that is why the Photo Bucket ones do not show.

Four pages of photos under "Layout"

Further updates will be posted on the new Gauge forum
  20. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great website Will. Enjoyed looking at it. :D