Finally The CVR goes public

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
It has been awhile since I did any work on the layout, opening my own shop cut into my hobby time.

Well, this weekend I managed to get some lighting up on the wall.

CVR-296Feb2008.jpg

CVR-295Feb2008.jpg

Also I am about 2/3 done wiring the control panel. Here is a shot of the work in progress.

CVR-294Feb2008.jpg

When it is completed it will all be black and a blank panel will be across the back, also all the wiring will be underneath.

Yes I know the deisel is far too modern for the layout, but it belonged to a dear departed friend Robin Matthysen and is lettered for his "MAT" railway. It is in service now to clean and test the track.

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
Big doings on the CVR this year.... like the good news - bad news routines....

THE BAD NEWS:
The entire layout has been split up into it's 4 modules.

THE GOOD NEWS
The train alcove is now an "Office" alcove.
The office is now a "Train Room"

THE BAD NEWS:
Two of the modules will have to come completely apart and one modified slightly.

THE GOOD NEWS
I have completed the new track plan. (Output of Atlas Right Track imported into CorelDraw).

Now the fun begins.

CVR-Layout-2008.jpg

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
Thanks Andrew.

Yes the shop is going great, so far this year I have sold more railroad product than computer related product. The number one is still computer service.

We went to the BArrie Train Show and next will be the Lindsay show in April and the Midland show in May. Of course we will go to the Muskoka show in August.

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Will...Looks like you have a real nice trackplan for this latest version....:thumb:

A bit of hindsight....You could have done the wiring using SPDT (Center off) switches...half the soldering & wiring to do....:mrgreen:

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
Gus, the idea of the DPDT was that the toggles control direction of the train.
That way with DC, you can have a train coming south and one going north, as long as they are on different blocks. Each "town station" will have a passing siding and each section of of mainline between towns is its own block.

Best simulation of DCC without the headaches/expense of DCC.

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
Just a note for long time Guage members...

In the 4th picture above, the shelf high on the wall is a two part diorama.

On the left is a piece of Robin Matthysen's layout (Matthyro) with one of his cerealboard stations and an industry as well as a GP38 and 4 passenger cars custom painted and decaled for his MAT line.

On the right is a photo diorama I made up to show off my newest structure of piece of rolling stock or whatever.

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
Well, weekly progress report time.

The benchwork is up, the back track is in from Orangeville around to Sligo Junction, just a small area left to do there...

Still to do: the mainline from Boston Mills to Alton.

Here are the 4 shots again:

CVR-3072008-03.jpg

CVR-3082008-03.jpg

CVR-3092008-03.jpg

CVR-3102008-03.jpg

More to come next week...