Finally...some hope!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Matt Probst, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Matt Probst

Matt Probst Member

It's been over 2 months since being laid off and there is light at the end of the tunnel. After all this time of searching this horrible job market , recieving poor offers, and doing nothing else but playing Mr. Mom and working on the railroad, (I know..poor me:rolleyes: ) I'm going to be sitting down with a gentleman tomorrow morning to formally discuss good employment!
    Phone interviews, discussions and paperwork with this company have hopefully reached a fruition!

Please keep ALL of your fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt--Hershey, Pa.:)
  2. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Best of luck Matt.
  3. billk

billk Active Member

Good luck, Matt.
  4. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Our prayers and hope are with you Matt. I'm sure you're gunna knock their socks off.

5. rsn48

rsn48 Member

Good luck - lots of us have been there and know the frustrations of unemployment and poor job offers... hang in there guy... even if this one doesn't work out.
  6. Blake

Blake Member

You'll get it. Just relax and don't say things like " hey, nice hairpiece!" or "nice picture of your Mom" (when it is actually a picture of his wife). You know. Good luck.
  7. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Best of luck Matt!
  8. marty w.

marty w. Member

Good luck Matt.
  9. interurban

interurban Active Member

Best of luck Matt.fingers and toes crossed and eyes toooooo.:rolleyes:
  10. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Best wishes for huge success tomorrow Matt
  11. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

This little family's prayers are with you...remember that successful interview attire does not include a Dale Earnhardt tee shirt:eek: :D :p
  12. pondman

pondman New Member

best of luck matt
  13. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Good Luck Matt!!! :) :)
  14. Matt Probst

Matt Probst Member

Thanks so much for all the good wishes folks. But.............The interview went extremely well until we got to the part where I was told the co. couldn't extend an offer unless I agreed to relocate. I'm not about to go hauling my family around the country again even though I know that my inflexibility handcuffs my options somewhat.
    Oh well; when one door closes, another opens as I got an encouraging phone call from another potential employer that is very interested in talking to me sometime next week! (no relocation necessary!)
    So, try try again!!!!

Matt--Hershey, Pa.
  15. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Yeah - not relocating is a good choice. If something went wrong later (lay-offs) your stuck somewhere you really didn't want to be. :( :( Good luck onthe next one!!!!! :) :)
  16. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Sorry it didn't work out, Matt. I'm with N, be where you want to be. Hope you get the next one! Economy should be picking up I hear. Knock their sox off!
  17. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Great choice---family first. Spent time as a Florida monback (the guy on the back of a trash truck slingin' cans and sayin' " 'Mon back!!") to keep my family fed and sheltered. It'll work out. Blessings, BC
  18. Matt Probst

Matt Probst Member

Thanks Guys! Family 1st is right. Our whole family now lives in the area. My son will be starting kindergarten in the fall and my wife lost two grandfathers in a year and now gives alot of help to her grandmothers. My 93 yr. old grandmother just moved into a Masonic home in Elizabethtown, Pa. down the road from me and they have their own model railroad club I may want to get involved with. ( I forgot to mention...relocating would also mean dismanteling and packing up crates of mrr stuff. AGAIN! NOT FUN!)
    :eek: :eek:

Matt--Hershey, Pa.
  19. Matt Probst

Matt Probst Member

20. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

I don't blame you for not wanting to relocate, best of luck on this next interview! :)