Finally, I can look forward to shopping at walMart...

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Look at these...they most definately are the same cars put out by Model Power, but under a different name. $1.67 apiece :thumb:

Attachments

• autos2.JPG
    autos2.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 39

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Glen Haasdyk said:
Bob,
I'm going to an american Wal-mart in two weeks, what is the name they are being sold under? I really like the 55' chev, the rest are too modern for me.

They are sold under the Malibu International Inc. name.

"...the rest are too modern for me..." Ya can't tell me that Shelby Cobra don't make ya wanna go out and buy a half dozen at least ;) :thumb:

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Glen Haasdyk said:
I've never really been a big Shelby Cobra fan. I'm more into Corrvettes and other chevys.

They have two different color 55s, the red and a turquoise blue. I haven't seen any corvettes beyond the late model ones.

ross31r

Jul 6, 2004
Surrey, United Kingdom
we have something much better in the UK, a company called Cararama (or something like that i forget the exact name now) and they do tons of cars - got a box of nine Evos that sit on the layout now!

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Thanbks for the Tip. Yesterday I was in Omak, Washington and picked up both the red and blue 55 chev, the only ones they had there. Right next to them was the John Deere toy tractors with Athrean's HO scale tractors among them. They had both the antique metal wheeled tractor and the 50 series there each for about 2.50. I picked up a 50 series for the layout and now that I think about it I should have picked up the other as well to weather heavily and throw it into my junkyard. Oh well, next time.

Conrail

Jul 23, 2005
I looked all over my local "Super" Wal-Mart and they didn't have any. Then again for someplace so "Super" they really don't have much of anything. Oh well. :(

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Glen Haasdyk said:
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I beleive the gullwing came out in the early to mid sixies? I'm modeling the late fifties. Anyway I doubt that many of those made it to western Canada.

The Mercedes Gullwing came out in 1955, and was superseded by the 300sl roadster in 1958. I think total Gullwing production was something like 1500 cars in 3 years. Gullwings are neat, but like some of the other models of high dollar European cars, care should be taken not to use so many that they look like they are as common as Chevys unless you are modeling Beverly Hills.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
The Mercedes Gullwing came out in 1955, and was superseded by the 300sl roadster in 1958. I think total Gullwing production was something like 1500 cars in 3 years. Gullwings are neat, but like some of the other models of high dollar European cars, care should be taken not to use so many that they look like they are as common as Chevys unless you are modeling Beverly Hills.

Opps thanks for the correction, maybe I will check one of those out if I see one. Speaking of that I checked the Walmart here in Kelowna (Canada) Neither the malibu cars or the Athearn tractors are there but there were alot of empty spaces on the shelves and Christmas is comming. Hmmmm.

Continuing the search I might check Toys R Us and see if they have any of them.

Speaking of WalMart, have y'all seen their little air compressors? Just the
ticket for airbrushing, I think, they're oilless and have a small tank, about
10 fins (2.5 sawbucks) IIRC. Prolly been mentioned before but I don't recall it.
(so what else is new?) My wife says my memory is so good that I remember
things that haven't even happened!! :D :D