Finally, got some progress made!

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by trainsteve2435, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Oh man, sorry again, all the tables are 2' wide, if thats what your talking about.
  2. gottaBreal

gottaBreal Member

so with the backdrop they are 12" a side?
  3. Actually their 14" from backdrop to front of table.
  4. sorry, yes, 12", not 14". Man, what a day!
  5. gottaBreal

gottaBreal Member

lol all good Steve I drew a plan up ill scan it soon
  6. Well, i finally got the tracks installed in my cement plant and gravel plant. Heres a couple of pics, and please let me know what you think, good or bad. Thanks!

Attached Files:

7. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

That is looking really good Steve:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Great Progress and can't wait to see more!!
  8. hobokid

hobokid thebull

looking good! i just started a layout in my basement, its gonna be did really nice work on fitting it all together.
  9. jr switch

jr switch Member

Hey Buddy, it looks great. Can't wait to see it with scenery, gravel, trees, some beat-up pick-ups parked outside the buildings, maybe some empty skids stacked next to the walls etc. It's going to be a terrific layout. Nice job!----John R
  10. Ok everyone, i finally got some more done on my layout. You will notice that i have moved some industries around and also added a new one, the bakery. Now i need to make a parking lot and add some road ways to my little industrial complex. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to let me know, i value the opinions of all of you fellow modelers. Thanks once again!

Attached Files:

11. EngineerKyle

EngineerKyle Member

Magic pan! lol.... looking good. Try a pic without flash? I can't get a read on that sky blue. U have really made progress in a short time.... what ever happensed to that R loop?
  12. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

I love the Magic Pan Backery buildings, and yours look GREAT. Nice job on them and that looks to be a pretty good place and fit for the complex. As for the parkinglot, I used joint compound to make my pavement and parking lots surrounding the complex. I will try and dig up some pics or take some new ones later on today when I get home from skool. :thumb:
  13. Amrap1

Amrap1 Member

The pics look GREAT. I'm working on the gravel plant for my layout as well. Keep up the good work!

14. tetters

tetters Rail Spiking Fool!

Looks like fun. Curious? What are the overall dimensions? I don't think I saw them mentioned.
  15. 91rioja

91rioja Member

What is the building behind and to the right of the bakery (up against the backdrop)?
  16. Hey everyone, thanks for the compliments, i appreciate them. As far as the overal dimensions of my layout, they are 19' x 16' folded dog bone with a 7' penninsula on each end for a turn around loop. Chris, the building your refering to is the Walthers Armstrong electric background building. Im working on getting the mains in front of the complex ballasted right now, i hate ballasting, but its got to be done. More pictures to come soon. Thanks!
  17. 91rioja

91rioja Member

Thanks for letting me know what it was. And by the way, you, Nazgul (Steve), and I have the same thoughts; BALLASTING STINKS!!!!!
  18. b28_82

b28_82 Member

I got a tip for those of ya that don't like ballasting..... If your modeling HO try ballasting N scale track then go back to HO and it seems sooo much easier. I've spent about a half hr just getting the ballast the way i wanted it then did the gluing down. Then a few months down the road went to the club and did an HO section of track. Its amazing the difference. I see you have a couple of those blue warehouse backdrop buildings (Bud's Trucking) I recently built one of those to make sure i had clearance for the track coming up to it and a couple mains in front of it. Besides it being fun to build, it comes with a lot of extra parts.:thumb: I really want one of those magic pan bakeries. Nice placement of everything.