Finally getting finished

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Tyson Rayles, Jun 9, 2002.

1. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

with the main drag into Tellico Gap. This one is looking back towards the edge of the layout.

Attached Files:

2. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

That is a spectacular photo, Tyson!
    It's such a great perspective...you have all these elements merging together...railroad, highway, trains, vehicles, structures, & all that beautiful foliage!
    And I've said it before, & I'll say it again...you've got some of the best looking N scale track I've ever seen!
  3. Tyson Rayles

Thanks Charlie. The track work is kind of a pain in the you know what and probably not for everyone, but I like the way it looks enough to keep on doing it. I forgot to turn on the headlights on the Southern's loco, course now Errol will probably get on me for being picky again :D :D :D
  4. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

If he doesn't, I will!
  5. Tyson Rayles

Can't say as I'd blame you :D
  6. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Now that's what I call a RR scene!!!!! You've captured the essense of what model RR'ing is all about.

I thought the loco was broken down and waiting for the helper!
    Either that or the lamp had run out of kerrosine. :)

You have a splendid layout there Tyson and you've conquered the art of photographing it with that new camera. Well done!

Errol
  7. Catt

Catt Guest

Dadburn dumb southern enjeneers,don't they know they's s'posed ta turn the dang headlites on??.

Man I am getting sooooooooooooooo jealous of you guys and your modeling .:D :D
  8. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

LOL now that made me laugh......good thing I was finished drinking my root beer :D
  9. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

It's looking really great, Tyson! And it's a good kick in the pants for me. I need to get crackin' on my layout again!
  10. Tyson Rayles

Thanks folks! :D
  11. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Tyson,
    OOOOOH YEAAAAAHH!!
    Maybe the bar needs raisin' sooner than we thought.
    Pete
  12. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Absolutely phenomenal detail, and a superb photograph along with it. You really have mastered the art well.
    Shamus

[​IMG]
  13. Tyson Rayles

Pete and Shamus thank you very much for the kind comments, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't you be raising that bar till I get the 80% of the layout that has no scenery to this level! :D :D :D You have no idea how long it has taken me to get to here (although it has been a pleasurable journey for the most part). :D
  14. sumpter250

Bar?? What bar?? Hey Errol do you think he wants a beer?
    Pete
  15. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Pete, after building that lovely scene Tyson deserves a beer, and if he's teatotal we'll drink it for him! What sayest thou to that?:)

Errol
  16. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Hey Pete,
    As long as they have plenty of beer, we don't care whether the bar has raisins ir not!:D :D :D
  17. sumpter250

Errol,
    Cheers!!!
    Pete
  18. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Another great picture Tyson. Talk about raisin' the bar!! You are sure doing that for the rest of us.
    Nice work friend.
  19. Tyson Rayles

Errol, Charlie and Pete you are having wayyyyyyyyy too much fun with this thread! :D :D :D Robin, thanks but I don't know as any of this compares with those amazing scratch built cardboard structures of yours.
  20. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

JUST PLAIN AWESOME!!:eek: :D
    I do see some ideas:
    1. A pair of old follows playing checkers on the porch of the General Store (in the back, by the green pickup).
    2. Two kids in overalls walking along the road with fish'n poles. (heading to or from yer call).

They just seem to me, to put that whole "Down Home" thing to it.:rolleyes:

But those are the icing flowers on the cake. You got it going super as it is.:D :D