Finally decided to share...

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Sir_Prize, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Here are some images of part of my Home/Switching layout:

Do you see a city?

Attached Files:

2. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Some shots of the structures and some candid shots of my "crew"....

Attached Files:

3. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Finally some shots which give an idea of the track plan (There are pens & boxcars representing some of the track... buget problems :rolleyes: ).
    I'm I capturing a city? :confused: Does it look right?
    By the way... The blue tie is representing water... it's a RIPPED TIE-D :p :D

Attached Files:

4. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Yes I DO see a city in the works!!!! The mock ups (and the blue tie!) suggest a very neat layout in the making. Where can I get construction workers like yours!? :) Keep us up to date with progress.
  5. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

VERY cool Ken! :thumb: :cool:

(Got windows?) :D ;) :D
  6. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Way cool Ken!
  7. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Your "crew" is doing a great job.:thumb::thumb: I kinda got a feeling that the big guy will work for peanuts though..:D:D
  8. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Great Ken.

Looks like your crew and do a "Bang Up Job".

You have the start of a terrific layout.
  9. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Ralph- My crew are the peices to a Mechwarrior-like game that has the figures and cards.
    They are even marked at 1:160 in size! I may put them in a FUTURE Logging camp Diorama.

EZDays- Ya... She will do that. She works extra hard for little green hog looking creatures
    (Star Wars fan check).

Drew 1125- That's the part that gonna be tiresome... All them winders!! Argh!! ...but it'll be sweet!

Will- Yup they do me right... Think it's because I don't hav'em battling each other per the original intention. (Not that THAT ain't cool either... I'm a builder... OK... I like to tear it up, too.)

Thanks All!! Was worried my muses weren't as with y'alls. The Skyscraper still needs "N-ifying;" Shrink the ceilings and windows to N scale, etc.
    Still getting used to this train of thought (pun meant) with the layout of things.
  10. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Very good Ken, great looking work crew! :D
  11. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

As others have said, you have a city in the making so will be interested to see how this develops. You are having fun with the crew too.
  12. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Works for me Ken! Good idea to open up the Bachman Trade Tower to get more backdrop potential out of it. I really like the looks of the three sidings going off like that.

13. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Looks like it is coming along. Pretty cool indeed :cool: :cool: :thumb: :thumb:
  14. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Member

Looking good Ken. By the way, are you modeling New York or Tokyo?
  15. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Doc- Actually, it is gonna be a Freelance City on Florida Coast.
    Can't remember the name I gave it, but it was Portugese for "By the Water."

Spitfire- Thanks. When I saw it I knew it would be great to make a huge Hotel/Business office outta it.

Tyson- You see my entry for April contest? ...and thanks.

Matthyro & Livesteamer- Thanks.

To all-- It means a lot that y'all think it's looking good. You all do such great work that...
    Well you know.