Finally broke 120

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by TrainNut, Jul 22, 2006.

1. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

I don't think we are real proud of this one but we finally broke 120 degrees. YUCK!!!! It's 112 in the shade.

Attached Files:

• 120a.jpg
      File size:
      43.1 KB
  2. yellowlynn

yellowlynn Member

That 13% humidity should help a bit. HOWSOMEVER, don't expect me to come visit any time soon,:wave: :wave:

3. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Wow, that sure is hot. Even 112 is still hot.
  4. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

The old record of 112 set in 1927 was broken today. The new record at the Phoenix airport is now 116 set at 2:24 PM. They said that many spots did hit 120, I think TrainNut's house was one of them. :D It was cooler at our house, it only got up to 117.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  5. hooknlad

hooknlad Member

2 mph winds - woo hoo, hmmmm no sailboating -shux
  6. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

You guys should come on up and visit on days like this.
    We just got rained on and I'm sitting here in my sweats and a long sleaved shirt.
  7. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

We were watching the storms come through Scottsdale but only got as far as I-17 here. Your storm went SW and hit Wickenburg. Seems like whenever we move, the storms hit where where used to be.:cry: :cry:All we got was the wind. I guess the lighting started a fire up around Bartlett Lake. That's one of the dangers this time of the year, dry storms with lightning and lots of wind.

It officially hit 118 at the Phoenix Airport this afternoon, the fourth hotest temperature ever for this area, that's officially. Some areas could have gotten well over the 120 that TrainNut saw.:cool:
  8. trainnut65

trainnut65 Member

Yea trainman come to Georgia it is 99 Deg and 100% humidity it is so dang hot you cant breath
  9. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

here in welton we had 117 for the high:(
  10. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

As much as I like Arizona, especially the Apache Junction/Mesa area(Love the Superstition Mountain), thats one thing this born and bred New Englander hated was the heat, though I did get used to it. Do me a favor guys...Keep it out there.
    My father kept the house at 85 degrees,coming from the outside in felt like walking into a fridge.When I got home, it was 85 degrees, and people were complaing.("85? Thats all?..Thats what my dad kept the house at.")
  11. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

And I thought 106 in Esparto Ca. was hot. Staying inside under the air conditioner
  12. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Well, yesterday it was record-breaker for the second day in a row, it got up to 116 at the Phoenix Airport. Our low temps are nothing to brag about either. Here it is shortly after 4 AM and this is what it looks like here in Surprise:

Attached Files: