Finally! A trackplan I like

2slim

Jan 16, 2004
Murray, UT
Visit site
New TV show??

Not to add fuel to this fire or anything..... :p
Wouldn't this make a great show like "Trading Spaces", perhaps "Trading Layouts' where 2 modelers swap layouts for 2 days, each has $1000 budget to renovate or build a layout for the other....cool huh? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Just kidding Val, If I lived closer I'd love to help you build your station!! :thumb:

2slim

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
2slim said:
Not to add fuel to this fire or anything..... :p
Wouldn't this make a great show like "Trading Spaces", perhaps "Trading Layouts' where 2 modelers swap layouts for 2 days, each has $1000 budget to renovate or build a layout for the other....cool huh? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Just kidding Val, If I lived closer I'd love to help you build your station!! :thumb:

2slim

What a cool idea!!!! Or perhaps a one-off tv show where a layout is built from scratch. We could get all the major companies involved donating materials for all the publicity they would get out of it!!

Val

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
brakie said:
Val,Perhaps we could throw you a layout party? Thats where all the guys and gals show up with their tool boxes and builds a layout in 3 days..Look it..If the Amish can raise a barn in 3 days I just know a mob of modelers can build a layout in that time frame. :D

I like this plan!!!!!! Ok - you're all invited to my place - just let me know what time is good for you. :D :D :D

Val

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Originally Posted by brakie
Val,Perhaps we could throw you a layout party? Thats where all the guys and gals show up with their tool boxes and builds a layout in 3 days..Look it..If the Amish can raise a barn in 3 days I just know a mob of modelers can build a layout in that time frame.

Yea but who's going to scratchbuild that station in 3 days?? Its going to take a much better man(or woman) than Me :D :D :D

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Matthyro said:
I am game Val if you set the time and dates. Who knows what we will be able to achieve

Wow Robin, now there's an offer I can't refuse! :thumb: :thumb:
Anyone else interested? What about dates? Over the Christmas holidays? Turnouts and turkey? Or maybe summer combined with BBQ? Spurs and spareribs?

By then I should be ready to build the right side of the plan - from the peninsula (which I am working on now) around the corner up to and including the yard.

How about as payment I make each person a scratchbuilt structure of your choice?

Val

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
spitfire said:
Wow Robin, now there's an offer I can't refuse! :thumb: :thumb:
Anyone else interested? What about dates? Over the Christmas holidays? Turnouts and turkey? Or maybe summer combined with BBQ? Spurs and spareribs?

Huh??!!?? Val's asking for "Dates" on the internet?? :D :p :D :p :D
~~ Wait a minute.... we can bring Dates?!?! I'm allowed to leave the wife home??? COOL!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

spitfire said:
By then I should be ready to build the right side of the plan - from the peninsula (which I am working on now) around the corner up to and including the yard.

How about as payment I make each person a scratchbuilt structure of your choice?

Val
I actually might think of going - just to get the G gauge Building.... wonder if that would Val take 3 days to make? :D :D :D :D :D

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
So Val, How about some pictures of what you have completed.Its been awhile and I know with all these Layout parties and your dedication and tenacity your Pike is moving along nicely.
It would be nice to see some overviews of the layout.It is a big sucker afterall :)

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Tileguy said:
So Val, How about some pictures of what you have completed.Its been awhile and I know with all these Layout parties and your dedication and tenacity your Pike is moving along nicely.
It would be nice to see some overviews of the layout.It is a big sucker afterall :)

I hate to disappoint you, but the layout is not really that far along. The trackplan I posted is only a plan so far. I have built part of the benchwork, but hit a roadblock planning-wise that has stalled construction for over a year.

Originally, the city was to go along the top wall, but I soon discovered that didn't leave room for a trolley line to turn around in the corner. By moving it to a peninsula, everything else fell into place. The yard will require extensive new benchwork - and also a major relocation of my work desk and a bunch of shelves and miscellaneous stuff.

The only part that is actually done is the switching area on the left. The raised mainline has yet to be installed there - it's a new idea and will require a small addition to the benchwork for the loop.

I've also started work on the peninsula. I'm building it in 2 sections 5' x 3' so that it will be 10' x 3' when finished. I like to work in small chunks like this as I get to be "finished" a couple of times along the way.

I've posted progress photos of that construction here

Val