Final Shamus Power Co.

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
OK, what do you think, here is the finished model of the Shamus Power Co. waiting to be planted on the layout (if I ever get started :confused: ) What do you think? Need more detail? Comments welcome.
Jon Monon, got my LPB's working pretty good!
:rolleyes: :D ;)

Attachments

• shamus power co.jpg
    shamus power co.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 213

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
AWESOME!!!!

J - that looks really good. I am always totally in awe of the level of detail you manage to get in N-scale! If I didn't know better I would think it was the real thing! Excellent work!!!!

cheers
:D Val

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
That's a FANTASTIC piece of work Jim!!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

btw...did you use H&R stone sheet to make that wall?

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Hot diggety JM, that's so gooooood sir. Visually pleasing, lots to look at on it, and illumination!
All the ingredients are right there... colour, contour and texture, what more can one ask for.
Beautifully done.

Errol

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
Thank you, thank you

Thanks everone, sure glad you like it, I for one like different looking models you don't find on every layout. When an idea hits try it. ;)
Charlie, that wall is Plastructs Random stone, it is HO scale but it looked right for a river stone wall, the brick parking lot is Walthers wall panels, the building a kitbash of Joes fruits by model power(I love messing up the cheepies), the sub-station is Con-cors Cambria City electric with a little bashing freedom to fit the situation and a lot of junk from the parts box. My style of weathering and bingo. It did take a while and when it goes to the layout I have a bit more planned.:eek:
Once again thank, Jim :rolleyes:

aartwmich

Nov 30, 2002
SW Michigan
www.angelfire.com
OH---MY---GOODNESS :eek: THAT is absolutely beautiful!!!

<lifts open jaw back to where it belongs>

Glad to see you changed the signage per Vals suggestion, it looks much better ;) --but<cringes>you shoulda capitalized the C in company<cringes again, ducks from thrown objects, feeling shame and embarassement for being so critical> But it was the first thing I noticed, maybe because of the bright green background? Plus I'm a grammer and spelling freak..my apologies (is there a 'humble smiley?)

The detail is astounding..I'm hoping you post some closeups and can't wait to see it in situ, even if it's done via photo software like before! :D

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Heyyyehyeh, Jim, Superb workmanship, very very nice details. No, I wouldn't alter it in any way, I'd be proud of that myself. Now if you want to make one in HO :D

Shamus

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
Thanks All

Ima, I agree with you 100% buuuuuuut, I tried several configs and this one looked the best to me, also I checked out some old industries and found that some did not use a capital on the company thingy. Also, I wanted to put the emphasis on the Shamus Power for duh man, oh no, I did it again, I meant The Man himself and not on the Company. Thanks, Jim :p :rolleyes: ;)

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
That is one fantastic model, Jim, down to the last IVY leaf. Now if I may hijack you thread for a moment:

Grum, where ya been? We thought you volinteered to be a Cesna pilot in the Canadian invasion? Thought we'd never hear from ya again! Glad you're OK...

aartwmich

Nov 30, 2002
SW Michigan
www.angelfire.com
Thats cool Jim. I see your point about the 'company' taking second fiddle to the 'name' (mumbles to self..course then I woulda made the 'company' in slightly smaller font-slaps self STOP being so critical!! lol) But then again sometimes ya just gotta stop messin and finish!! Glad your not offended by my critique, especially from a newbie who hasn't built a damn thing yet..lol.

So how bout some closeup photos?? I would love to see the, umm, whatever it is, over on the right hand side closer.

What an amazing model, is it prototype? Knowing nothing about power generation equipment I wonder what all the parts are and how they're supposed to work.

Will quit babbling now.