Filipino Guard Shack

jon-monon

Over on the 2guyz site, to honor and remember Robin and all he taught us, we are making and/or displaying stuff using paper/card stock. This was my first attempt at a mostly card structure. It is based on my memory of the guard shack at the entrance to a sugar mill I visited in the Philippines last month. It's walls are 6 HO ft tall and the base 8 ft wide (about an inch wide in 1:1). No commercial parts were used. BTW: My current avitar is me driving a 25 ton Plymouth at the mill.

Attachments

• pict6800.jpg
    pict6800.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 54

jon-monon

Thanks! The roof is computer cable glued to the cardboard. The roof caps are coffee stir plastic cut long ways into fourths. The "bamboo" supports are grass stems.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jon,
That would be a LLPB, Little Little Plastic B...... or maybe a Little Phillipino B......

Nice idea, nice job!
Nice to see you post here now and then
Pete

faroukstan

Hi, Jon : So, I've been right all along with my guess!! The first time I saw the subject I noticed the Filipino accent immediately...It resembles the Crossing Shack at Buendia/Quirino Avenue, Makati, Philippines...very nice rendition and imagination!!!

Muhammad Farouk

jon-monon

Salamat Po, Kuya Farouk at Drew!

(Thank you sirs, Kuya Farouk and Drew!)

I am nmot 100% happy with the color of the shack, the roof is right, but the walls should be lighter green. So it will probably get a paint job on another day.