Figurine build: Kirakishou

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by Lex, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

In homage to that recently closed website, I dug up this model from my to-do list and decided to make a start.
  2. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Um... Now I know why this model has 11 pages...

"For the sake of us cardmodellers, we request Kirakishou to change her hairstyle":twisted:
  3. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I'll be following this build, I have been wanting to make this one. Great start.
  4. I'll be watching closely as well. I was just looking at the files for this model a couple of days ago while organizing my anime folders. Looks like a pretty tough build. I'm sure it'll be a beauty when completed though.
  5. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Thanks for the kind words that keeps me going... Not that!! Even more hairs?!
  6. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

This is one of my favorites and what looks to be one of the more difficult models in this anime line.
    You seem to be handling it quite well too! Her hair looks great!
    You have captured her "essence", I guess you could say. Very nice work, Nezard!

Don't know if I will ever get around to doing one of these but it sure is nice having a front row seat to the show!
    I will be keeping an eye out for any updates to your progress so keep on working at her, your doing great!8)

7. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

And I thought hairs were hard...

Turns out the harder bit is to come... The (what's it called?) on the edges of her clothes were torturous to build. (The relaxing music from Classic FM helped to keep me going~)

In the anime somebody said the dollmaker actually go into such length as to give words of reassurance to his build, I think that goes for every cardmodeller here ;)
  8. eatcrow2

eatcrow2 Member

Looking great.. love how clean your work is on these beauties.
  9. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

The 7th doll of Rozen Maiden is now complete, finally...

Summary: The toughest parts are the hands (with each fingers measuring about 1mm diameter), the shoes, and the edges around her clothes. The hairs also take time but are not difficult.

(Finally found a decent album for pics ^_^)
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thats great! Nice work on that - super job on the hair even though it could use to be a little fuller :p just kidding there. :D
  11. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Awesome Nezard :eek: A great build of what looks like a very difficult model.:thumb:

PS - Going to be updating the Pristontale Archer thread soon - I finally finished that d***ed bow wall1

12. Clashster

Clashster Member

Very impressive! I can't imagine rolling those fingers! Great job! :thumb:

13. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That is totally awesome, Nezard!
    A fantastic looking build!
    You have really outdone yourself! What could you possibly do to top it????

Beautiful to behold!

14. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

That one now stands as a masterpiece in my collection... Think I'll not touch on something complicated as that again in a few months. --It's mostly the designers that matters in these figurines, with Mizuirogakuen closed, I might have a hard time finding another beautiful model like this one.
  15. badgerys

badgerys Member

Your model is just phantastic.The fingers must have been absolute torture to make.A very difficult model done with excellence.
    Kind regards from Down Under