Figures

pupparo

In my layout I have a farm but I can not find any place to get chickens for it.
Does anyone know where to find figures of chickens?
If so please contact.
pupparo1@msn.com

billk

pupparo - I was going to suggest doing bigger animals like cows and pigs, but caught myself just in time. Go to walthers.com, their #s 75014 and 79093 are N-scale "small animal" figures from Preiser, including, it looks like, chickens! A N-scale chicken would be on the order of 1/16-in, I hope you're not talking Z-scale.
billk

pupparo

Thanks BILLK.
I also found out that Noch made a set called woman feeding chickens. Now if I can find some one who has them in stock.
Thanks for the infro
Joe Pupparo

shamus

Registered Member
Hi pupparo,
Welcome to the gauge, Model Power also do small animals for HO & N-scale, you might like to try them also.

shamus
waver.gif

NARA Member #24
http://www.badger-creek.co.uk

roryglasgow

Pupparo,

Here's an idea... Preiser (among others) make chickens in HO scale. Get one of those N-scale nuclear power plant models from Con-Cor, and a set of those glow-in-the-dark Atomic Power Co-Op hoppers from Deluxe Innovations...and voila! Nuclear chickens!

If you wanted to really get crazy, you could get something in a larger scale, like G.

Just an idea...
smile.gif

-Rory

billk

Rory - And you complained about my pun?
BillK

[This message has been edited by billk (edited 07-20-2001).]

roryglasgow

Bill,

Well, I was only complaining tongue-in-cheek. I love a good pun!

There once was a selfish king who loved to be entertained. One day, while touring his kingdom he saw a street mime. He loved the mime's performance and commanded that the mime come to the castle and perform his act.

Well, the mime went to the castle and did his act and was a big success; so, king commanded him to come back the next evening. This went on for a while, and the mime never got paid for the performances. So, one evening the mime told the king that if he didn't pay him he would not come back the next night. The king had the mime imprisoned, and then forced him to perform each evening (and then returned him to his cell). After a while, the king got bored with the act and stopped calling on the mime to perform.

The mime, however, was kept in his cell, where he eventually died without ever performing his act for anyone else.

A mime is a terrible thing to waste.

-Rory

pupparo

I am happy to see that you all have a sense of humor.
Now hear this a place called thebbline.com has a section rustic rails. If anyone needs N gauge people,animals or accessories this is the place to go.
Thanks for all your help and keep up the jokes.
Joseph P Pupparo