figures complaint

N

nachoman

I am in need of some WWI era figures, so I have been browsing what is available. From what I see, it looks like most are appropriate for the 40s-60s era. I don't see very much selection for clothing styles appropriate for the 20s or earlier. It also looks like the modern era has been left out. One who models the modern scene could use endless numbers of "people on cell phones". Also most figures seem to have strange poses. There don't seem to be enough "ordinary people doing ordinary activities" on the market. Does anyone know of a good source for LPBs appropriate for 1900-1920?

kevin

liven_letdie

Mar 22, 2005
Turlock, CA
www.downthelinetrains.com
Kevin,

I run into problems because no matter how much figure variety is out in the market I seem not to like something about them (ie pose, clothes, etc) So i buy mine unpainted and hack them up to match up with how I see the figures in my mind. You can buy a bunch of unpainted figures from preiser and add some putty to give bigger dresses for the women etc. Then you always get your way! =]

Hope this helps,

Cory

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
My goodness, I just came across 1900's era figures! They are made by Prieser, and they have AMAZING DETAIL!! If you haven't already seen them look for them on discounttrainsonline.com they seem to have the whole line of them, even for 1900's era figures.

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
eiightyeightfan1...that post has just GOT TO BE IN THE "GEMS" SECTION...it's amazing, and hilarious!!! :D :D :D put it there if you can!!!

I espically love the russian-communist style poster, "PLOP" made by grumbeast, it all there!!

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
OK, we got Little Plastic B.....ds,
LP Boys
LP Bartenders
LP Bureaucrats
LP Barbers
LP Brothers
LP Bouncers