Fighterjocks needed.

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by OylPslyk, Jul 29, 2007.

1. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

Just testing the waters to see if anyone out there is feeling adventurous to te a test builder for a 145cm studio scale X-Wing figher?????

Many many moons ago I made several versions of the x-wing (my first attempt at designing a paper-model(no complex curves!!:cool:)) and this is an update and upscale, with detail based on the larger filming miniature.

It wont be ready to begin testing untill fall since I have so many other projects in the works, At least not untill I finish a couple more of the Enterprises.
    So If anyone is intersted just drop me an email and I will put you on the list to notify as soon as anything is ready.

Just be aware, this model is over 4-1/2 feet long! and will even include the interior cockpit, working wings, and working landing gear. This model also will have a removable, Complete version of R2.

so anyone insane enough just let me know.
  2. CrimosnBronxs

CrimosnBronxs Member

yea this sound very interesting I have sent you an email
  3. psocks

psocks New Member

Insane here!!

I just sent you an email and would LOVE to try this one. BTW what are the links to your Enterprises??????
  4. OylPslyk

5. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

Can i please join in your adventure,have sent a e-mail to you:thumb::thumb:
  6. Nexus9

Nexus9 Member

Hi there, I've sent you an e-mail regarding your X-Wing. I'd like to join the Rebellion too.
  7. redwolf28386

redwolf28386 Member

:thumb:I'd like to be in the fun also!! electrons have been dispatched!
  8. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

It's probably too soon for me to be taking on a project like this, I'm only new to card modelling. However this is definately something I want in my "to do" list, right up near the top. I've been collecting free star wars models for a while and am yet to find an X-Wing I really want to build, but this sure sounds like it's the one I've been looking for.

If you would like a newbie beta builder, then by all means let me know.
  9. sr5nm

sr5nm Member

If you've still got a slot open, I'd like to give it a go.
  10. OylPslyk

Got the E-mails. Will save them for when things are ready.
  11. OylPslyk

I sat down to take a bunch of movie stills last nite to get the paintjobs right for the different films, and untill now I had never noticed how so very different the Miniatures are compared to the On-Set Mockups!

The oulines are the same but almost all the parts and angles are completely different! The Nosecone and Forward fuselage's are even radically different!

Then I plugged in the dvd's of the remastered versions and found that the 3d version from them is even changed further from the others!!!

Anyone ever noticed this before???:confused:

I still plan to make my version match the 145cm model though, It still looks the best of the 3 versions!! I may make a few alterations though to make things a little similar to the mockup though.

(and no I'm not talking about the 3/4scale mockups that have been used in promotions.)
  12. OylPslyk

Here's a look at how things will look (hopefully!)

View attachment X-Wing Fighter.pdf

PDF is my workup of the schematic version, some detail, but still early on WIP and not yet worked up to the model.

this is what i used to create the dwg

and a few of the images of the model.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  13. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

I am really looking forward to this build here's hoping you will start soon!!. :thumb::thumb:sign1
  14. sr5nm

sr5nm Member

Looks good. I'm looking forward to building it, too.
  15. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Member

Any more info on this?
  16. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

you can run but you cant hide rebel scum!!!!