Fiddlersgreen x-15 now free !

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Triop, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Triop

Triop Member

2. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

Thanks Triop!

I remember in the movie "The Right Stuff" seeing the pilot bail out and safely parachute to the ground - which was apparently not the case.

Here's to the memory of Major Michael J. Adams (USAF), then.​

3. Many thanks Triop.
    And thanks to FG.

It's one of my wishplanes.

Gr, Arie aka Modelbouwbrasser.
  4. Regie

Regie Member

I bought this a year or so ago, and it really is a great model. It went together beautifully and looked fantastic hanging from the ceiling of my classroom. Get it while you can!
  5. Gazer

Gazer New Member

Aparrently the model has been removed. I can link to the page but there is nothing there.
  6. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Just's there. Scroll down about a third of the way and follow directions under Purchase Information. :thumb:

7. Triop

Triop Member

8. Gazer

Gazer New Member

Thanks for the link. I have it downloaded and on the list.
  9. clipper1973

clipper1973 New Member

10. DHL

DHL Member

11. That was Chuck Yeager jumping out of a NF 104A which is also free available here;
    BTW,Is this a Dutch thread or a Dutch treat?sign1
    Cheers, Billy
  12. dhanners

dhanners Member

The Fiddlers Green X-15 is a fun little build. I've built two, and maybe I can post some photos in the next couple of days. My build of one of them, depicting '6670, is described on the FG website.

I also built a "gear-down" version of '6671, depicting the landing after the first flight with the XLR99 motor. I scratchbuilt a number of details, including the nose boom, a new tail sans the yellow NASA markings, skids, nosewheel, engine exhaust, various drains and antenna, etc.
  13. dhanners

dhanners Member

As promised, here are some photos of a couple of my FG X-15 builds. The first couple are of my build of '6671, and the markings depict the vehicle on its first XLR99 flight.

The other two photos are of my build of the very first X-15, '6670. I remember when I was a kid, in the early '60s, getting the old Aurora styrene kit of the X-15 and thinking it was the neatest thing since sliced bread.

The X-15 is a pretty impressive vehicle, and I would urge anyone interested in it to check out Hypersonic by Dennis Jenkins and Tony Landis. It is a great book and chock full of X-15 info and photos, tons of them in color.

Attached Files:

14. Nicely done, dhanners, I have the same one sitting in my show-case, infact it was the first FG-model I ever bought, Btw, did you know that Nobi also did the x-15? it's little bit bigger( 1:50), and it has a cockpit-interiour, it was free aswell, I can't remember how i got it, but if someone needs it, just PM me..
    Cheers, Billy