Fiddlersgreen offers for free his Me-262

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by DHL, Dec 8, 2007.

1. DHL

DHL Member

You can download for free Fiddlersgreen's Me-262 at:Link Removed Ther are lots of cool and free paper models :thumb:!
  2. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Wait I really didn't see the 262 among the free FG model list... Oh is that a commercial kit? Pirate site then!
  3. Alcides

Alcides Member

The site is the official site of fiddlersgreen but they seems forgot some planes on that url.

Now the ME-262 isn't free but it used to be.
  4. gcsmith

gcsmith G. Smith

The ME262 is there and it's free.
  5. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Link Removed until someone can confirm this isn't a problem.

The fiddlers green site doesn't list it as free, so this is more an issue of their site security than piracy, but seeing as this links to a model that's technically not supposed to be free I removed the link.
  6. Grizz

Grizz Member

Hi guys,

if I'm thinking of the same website the hidden link refers to it says that 'they have kindly released their Me 262 without charge'.
    Although it mentions both downloading from Fiddlers and their own server, the Fiddlers download is, as far as I can see, for purchase only.

I would think that the two likeliest explanations would be;

1. Chip released the model to this site only for whatever reason (although a very good way of exposing the product and hobby)
    2. The file was picked up during it's initial release when it was freely available to magic key holders

I don't think any deliberate skull dudgery is at foot.

I've just seen the above link in an earlier thread. It refers to a different site than I was looking at so disregard the above. i guess Fiddlers Green now have two issues rather than one.

7. zakopious

zakopious Member

Other Free Fiddlersgreen Models

The aerofile website presently has a free Fiddlersgreen Fokker DVII.
    The Indianapolis Airshow website had a free Fiddlersgreen Blue Angels F4 last year.
    There use to be a free FG Brewster Buffalo on a Finnish Brewster Buffalo site.
    It appears that Fiddlersgreen occasionaly makes a deal to offer a free model on another website when it is advantageous for both FG and the other site.
    These deals are never advertised on the FG site.
    Thus, you will not know about them unless you stumble across the FG model by accident.

Ken Moore
    Sheffield Lake, Ohio
  8. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thanks for the information!
    Those will be some good sites to keep an eye on in the future.
    Fiddler's Green does offer freebies now and then but the are (for the most part) not permanent freebies.

9. blueeyedbear

blueeyedbear Member

Try these:

Index of /FREEBEES

Index of /freebees

The second one has the Me262. Both have free downloads.

Using google, you should be able to find other (older) FG freebees pages.

10. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

One of those links above is the same link I removed from the original post.

I'm not going to remove it this time as it will only end up getting posted again. This is not a piracy issue so much as an issue with Fiddlers Green and their "rotating freebies" and possibly site security. Once again, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :thumb: