Fiddlers Green DC3 for Minium equipment

Discussion in 'Radio Control & Other Propulsion Methods' started by meatbomber, Aug 27, 2008.

1. meatbomber

meatbomber New Member

Here is my lates flying "card" model :)

I used a Fiddlers Green DC-3 Set, enlarged it to A3 size (149%), and used it as templates for a durobatics foam build (0.05in or 1,2mm thick)

The results are very nice, super gentle slow flier with a Wingspann of 63cm, weight 35g and wingload of only 6,5g/dm²

The RC equipment used was Kyosho/Parkzone Minium Cessna 210 brick, motors, props and akku... everything stock.

Still missing a bit of colour, but that will get on next :)

2. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

wow well done, thats a great piece of work

John John
  3. scon10

scon10 Member

That is amazing! Would you have any flying photo's??
    What is exactly durobatics foam? Is it the same material used in shockproof packaging for stuff like printers etc? But is bendable and gluable? I am intrigued.
  4. meatbomber

meatbomber New Member

Thanks guys :)

Durobatics is a Polysterene foam thats probably a cut from Depron foam which is very popular here in Europ for building light weight slowfly models. you can get it at

This airplane has flown already but no photos, i`m just about to colour it in CSA colours.

This is already the MK2 :) my first DC-3 was built as an Austrian Airlines plane, flying videos can be found here:

First flights with Mk1:

Outdoor flying in Austrian livery:

5. @ skon 10,
    The stuff is called 'Roofmate' in Holland, architects use it in sheets to build maquettes, It's availble from 3mm to 5cm, I don't know where you live in Holland, but I get it from an art-supply shop called "Harrolds" in Rotterdam
    Cheers, Billy
  6. abiallan

abiallan New Member

hi dude

wat an awesome experiment u did:wave:

chanceless engineering desidn man.. hatts off.

may i know the total weight of the craft nd the motors description plz:cry:
  7. meatbomber

meatbomber New Member

All up weight 45g and the equipment is from the Parkzone / Kyosho Minium Cessna 210... 6mm coreless brushed motors with a 4:1 gearing.. as available as spare parts for that plane
  8. ZoeBaur

ZoeBaur New Member

wat an awsome experiment u did! gud..keep it up!!sign1
  9. DarrenBarrow

DarrenBarrow New Member