Fiddlers Green bombers?

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by theanalogkid, Dec 11, 2007.

1. theanalogkid

theanalogkid Member

Has anyone built any of Fidders Green bombers? Just wondering if you are happy with their models? Would have any pics you could share of building or completed models. I am thinking of getting either the B-52 or the B-29 and just would like an independant oppinion in advance...Thank you

2. 46rob

46rob Member

I've built a few--the B-10, B-36 and B-24. They're nice big models...easy to build, although the trade-off is a bit less detail. Landing gear is pretty basic, and most lack actual wheel wells....but they're designed that way....simplicity is part of the FG requirements for models. A lot of time and effort goes into the artwork and graphics...I know this first hand, since I've designed some planes for FG (no bombers, though) and have spent hours trying to bring the artwork up to the rigorous standards imposed on the outside designers.

I don't have any pictures of my builds, although my B-10 model build (a beta actually) is prominent on the FG web page for the model.

If you decide to go for it--buy the whole bomber cd--it's a much better value, and you'll get FG's magic keys to go along with it.
  3. theanalogkid

theanalogkid Member

What are the magic keys??
  4. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Access to any new models that Fiddlers Green bring out for a year or so. Used to be that you got all the new models (buildings and vehicles) not sure if this is still the case though.
  5. 46rob

46rob Member

It's actually a subscription service. You get the next several month's (depending on the length of the key's term) new releases free for downloading. A bit of a bonus for purchasing a cd or DVD ( a real deal--all the airplanes one one disc). The amount of MK's you get is dependent on how much you buy. It changes, so check the FG website for the latest on their Magic Keys.
  6. edi

edi Member

after discovering the FG-site I ordered a downloadable CD and I got 3 months free for Magic Keys.
    In this three months I got a lot of new planes, all that appeared in this time, among them the mighty Messerschmitt Gigant.......
    For myself a great deal:thumb:

Bombers: the moment I build the B-36 in 1:144, a great fun and 50% are done
  7. theanalogkid

theanalogkid Member

Ok, thanks everybody for you help. I have seen the Gigant on the front page, it does look very nice. Have you built it yet?
  8. David H

David H Member

I have built a couple of B52s, large X15 mother ship and regular sized SAC job, and as my building abilities improve I think I will have another go. Sorry, only build pictures...

B52 - Build.jpg

B52 NASA-.jpg

Then there was the Dakota, hee-hem, sorry RD4-5L... another joy and a free gift too! Got to love the boys at FG.

Dak Build.jpg

For the money £ / $ they are great!

9. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

flyin bombers

I have built the B-24 (and the PB4Y1), a couple B-17s (with different markings), several B-52s, and numerous other FG models. I think they are a great value in general.

I have found that many of the FG models are good flyers if you put weight in the nose. I put 6 US pennies in the nose of a B-52 and built it without engines - wish I had pictures of the ski slope I sailed it down. :thumb:
  10. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Anyone have an actual email to the guy at FG? I have been trying to get an issue resolved and have tried info@ and one other to no avail. I just don't get an answer.

I've tried for several months to get through to them. I cann't log on to the forum site. Chip did answer another E-mail about the Me363, but it took three weeks. The price of magic kkeys has gone up and now you only get 3 months when you buy a DVD. Still a very good deal.
  12. theanalogkid

theanalogkid Member

Thanks everybody, I'll think I'll give the B-52 a try. Thank you David for the pics. And it's Aussie$ in my
  13. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

I'm working on the FG B-36. I've stalled on it for the same reason I stalled on the Jaybats Pegasus. I may have a go at this weekend.
  14. theanalogkid

theanalogkid Member

What's held you up with these projects Dyna?
  15. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

Engines; 8 on the Pegasus, 10 on the Peaceaker.
  16. David H

David H Member

And 8 engines on the Buff too!

B52-8 - 2333.jpg

Fortuitous 8 X 7 pieces!

17. theanalogkid

theanalogkid Member

I suffer the same problem. Repetition of small, fiddley parts drives me nuts.
  18. 46rob

46rob Member