• yes i put some on

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • yes i make it a part of my layout

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hi...I made an indexing "pin" that lines up with a series of holes on a steel angle screwed to the "transfer table". I pull back the pin, which is spring actuated, to release the table, and slide it to the track I'm using, and release the pin. The pin locks the table in place. I first made up the "indexing" system, and once that was in place, I layed the tracks on the table to line up exactly with the staging tracks lead. I can't do it using the "eyeball" indexing system since the lead (and the yard) are buried about 6" under the layout. I also placed a rerailing track on the lead and on each of the tracks to prevent any unwanted "mishaps" as the train crosses from the table to the lead....:cry:

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Great idea, Gus! I am building a switching layout without staging, but I think your method might be an excellent idea for someone building a layout without enough room for a hidden staging yard under the main yard. It looks like it would be especially helpful for someone who doesn't have a big enough space to put in either a large helix or a long enough ramp to get the grade manageable from staging up to the main.