Fiat 508 "Balilla"

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Well, you do have to drive to and fro from your spaceships. :)

Tonino

You'll have to wait very little RB! The file is ready. I just have to edit instruction document to reflect my last modifications and then I'll be ready to post the resource. Today the sky is blue here in San marino so I'll try to shot some photo at the finished model to complete my building thread. :D

Mark Crowel

User of old school drafting tools; no CAD.
Delightful and impressive. Tremendous investment in re-engineering, time, and effort. Astonishing workmanship on an interesting subject. Thank you for building and showing this beautiful model.

Mark Crowel

Great, thank you, but I have a number of projects waiting in the wings: (spoiler alert) '58 Rambler, '55 Nash, '50 Studebaker, '53 Willys Aero...

Tonino

2 Versions on this page, one lined, if you wish to paint, and the one you see posted

Really the second version is all-black, the standard color most Balillas were produced.
I didn't think to an outline version to be recoloured... If someone wants I can realize one too...
Anyway thanks for your interest!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for telling me that. I do think a lined version, just on the body, that grill and interior are too beautiful too touch, would be nice, if you ever get the time!! :)

Mark Crowel

"This is interesting. The white strips on fenders and engine hood, as well as the headlights covers, were imposed during war time.
I can imagine the headlight covers was intended to be less visible from aicraft at night, but I cannot figure the reason for painting white all car edges... "

A belated comment on the wartime white-striping of the car's fender and hood edges: vehicles in England also were white-striped during WW2. This might have been so other vehicles and pedestrians could see the cars during night-time blackouts. White is visible in low light conditions.

Tonino

A belated comment on the wartime white-striping of the car's fender and hood edges: vehicles in England also were white-striped during WW2. This might have been so other vehicles and pedestrians could see the cars during night-time blackouts. White is visible in low light conditions.

Thanks Mark, your explanation is very plausible, you finally dispelled my doubts! You're never too late if you give a good answer ;)