FG F9F Panther, cockpit needed

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Getter1, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hello all,

I am about to start working on the F9F Panther by Fiddler's Green and would like to detail it up with a cockpit but I have no refrence. Does anybody know where I can get the cockpit details???

2. 46rob

46rob Member

Squadron/signal publications F9F Panther and Cougar in action gives good details of the F9F-2 Cockpit. BTW, I redrew the Panther and Cougar for FG to correct some proportion problems. I only did the regular sized models--not the large. ( I also worked on the types in the Navy, years ago....except for thd different seats used over the years, the cockpits are nearly identical between the different models.
  3. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

4. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Is there a Panther at the Naval Air meuseum in Pensacola?

5. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Hope you don't mind if I answer the question but yes I beleive there is. My father visited there several times and has some pictures of it that I've seen.
  6. mwangarch

mwangarch New Member

7. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Naw don't mind at all. I live a little less than an hour's drive from there but have never got the chance to go. I deffinentally got to visit the meuseum before I move to Washington this May :D

I found a plastic model of the Panther which will help with the cockpit on the card model but I still want to see one of the babies in person.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy John,

Yes there is a Panther at the Pens. N.a.s. Below is a photo of the plane. I visit the museum everytime I go to florida and had seen this website while comparing photos of mine with othewr ppls. The following photo can be found at: http://www.fruitcakecity.net/pensacola_nas.htm

If you have never been, GO! I know you live close to it. Its well worth the time just to be able to see all the old warbirds.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  9. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hello all,

Well the cockpit idea may never be if I can't figure out 1 very important detail.

For anyone who has built this model could you please enlighten me on how the heck the wings are supposed to be assembled??? What's the trick???

10. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Getter1.............having just come from the Ft Walton area........and really enjoying not only the Naval Air Musem but the USAF Armamment Museum.......... I have only one word for you...........GO!

Nothing beats looking at the real thing up close and personal.

And on the FG Panther............I too have the problem with the wing..........I can (have not) been able to get it to look right yet!

But I keep practicing!
  11. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey Bowdenja,

You know the sad thing is that I live only 15 miniutes away from the Air Force Museum and I've never been there either. Another thing I've lived in FWB since 1980!!! Just trying to find enough spare time to go.

The Panther hasn't whoped me yet. I'll keep trying :p