FG B-24 in prog

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by hawkman67, Mar 26, 2007.

1. hawkman67

hawkman67 Member

Greetings all,
    Have grown tired of lurking. So am posting the model I am working on now. It is the PB4Y1 by John Dell from FG, I am adding in a cockpit, wheel well, waist positions and detailed turrets, progress is slow, but steady. Learning to resize parts as I go.

Attached Files:

2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Looks like you have a darn good start on her!
    Lots of parts cut already. Even your trimmings are in neat and tidy piles!8)

Oh, and your camera takes pretty good pics, not cheesy at all!:wink:

I'll be watching for any updates, so see ya soon!:grin:

3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

You chosen a very good subject and model to work with. John's designs for these big bombers are just great!

This one makes a very good model when completed as printed, I can't wait to see her with all the added details!

Good luck with your build!

One tip.......... you might want to go with seperate attachment tabs, in order for the segments to match up better.

4. Texman

Texman Guest

Where did you acquire the cockpit parts?

5. hawkman67

hawkman67 Member

add on parts

Hello Ray;
    Well I scanned both of the purchased B-24's that I have, one from GPM, and from FLY, then I played around with the sizing to get the parts as close to the right size, so far so good... on most of the parts,LOL I am having a bit of trouble with the formers but am working them out.

6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

cool an FG build!

Looking forward to it - a tip for ya. I really dislike clicking links, I must be lazy. You can upload to the gallery here then do am image link from your post here and have the pic show up....... hmmmm, do we have a tutorial for that? If we dont maybe its a good time we get one made.
  7. hawkman67

hawkman67 Member

oky on the tip

thanks Chris;
    Np on the nxt posts I will give it a try and see how it goes. I do have a lot to share that is for sure.

8. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Looking good Jeff! It's gonna be a nice big one!

Chris, does uploading pics to the Gallery vs directly in the posts have any different impact on server space usage? I'd guess not, although the Gallery ones do seem to store multiple sizes. I too would like to put multiple ones in a post and don't like the idea of using an external image host site.

9. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I will definitely be watching this thread. I just bought the FG Bomber CD so I want to see how their models go together
  10. hawkman67

hawkman67 Member

more pics soon

Hello all;
    More pics are on the way, this weekend I hope, phone was down for a few days due to weather here. I have more of in prog pics of the B-24, and more on the fire fighting birds I plan on doing,