Fellow Ohioans on this forum

railohio

NSES44DC said:
How is wings? Ive been wanting to go there? Is there a lot of Modern RR stuff and in the HO SCALE??

Entirely too much HO stuff and not nearly enough N. At least they have a decent selection of books to browse while waiting on friends to shop, even if their prices are atrocious.

(And if you can't tell, the fact that I've been to Wings would indicate I'm from Ohio, too.)

NSES44DC

Brian Schmidt said:
Entirely too much HO stuff and not nearly enough N. At least they have a decent selection of books to browse while waiting on friends to shop, even if their prices are atrocious.

(And if you can't tell, the fact that I've been to Wings would indicate I'm from Ohio, too.)

Well i tried to find this Wings place but spend way too long in a city i dont care much for without any luck..though going by a street, i noticed tracks and the second unit was an UP marked Southern Pacific diesel. Didnt get a good enough look at it other than that notorious red and grey paint with the patch of the UP over the numbers on the cab. I was going too fast to slow down and see. I tried to catch it again but had no idea where the tracks lead to.

Spanky, i used to live with my uncle while i worked in Euclid off E.200st..trust me..ive been to the east side A LOT. Especially, Willoughby and Mentor. Sometimes Im out there so if i know I am going out there ill try to set something up.

NSES44DC

The best priced place to go is Avon Heritage Train and Hobby. Ive shopped around and he has the best prices of them all. They carry everything from Z-O, plus models, model rockets and r/c cars, trucks and planes. The cool thing is he is inside an old NKP Depot and has an old B&0 caboose outside next to it. I heard that Hobbys Etc. in North Olmsted is definately closing and everything in there is Half OFF!! I need some dummy Gp 38-60s and SD 40-45s and scenery supplies so i may go check them out too! I got a nice powered Athearn C44-9 undecorated there for 20 bucks on his close out table. I was happy.

My extra "power" on my layout will consist of these roads. Besides the NS, CSX OP Redblock and Conrail for freight, Amtrak for Passenger..

UP wings or flag, BNSF new image, SP" up patch",DRGW, CN, CP, KCS, and N&W Class J #611 special( i rode back in the late 80s-early 90s as a kid). I also wanna do a small version 5-6 cars of the CSX derby special with the csx f40ph. Im excited about my layout finally. UP SD40-2's layout got me going to make mine come out with total happiness!

NSES44DC

Does Anyone know of any shows coming up in OHIO? I missed the two I usually go to each year. 1. Being Vermilion's(my hometown) Lorain County MRRA Show and Swap. 2. The BIG SHOW in Kirtland at the LCC. Any info would be great!

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Sunday July 23, 20006
Ashland’s Toy and Train Show, Ashland County Fairgrounds, 2042 Claremont Ave.

Sunday August 27, 2006
Cleveland’s All Gauge Model Train Show, UAW Hall, 5615 Chevrolet Blvd., Parma, Ohio

Sat & Sunday, Oct 7 & 8, 2006
Carnival ’06, NMRA Div 4, Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds, Berea, Ohio

Sunday, Oct. 29, 2006
Median Model RR and toy show, Median County Fairgounds

Saturday, Nov 4, 2006,
2 Rail “O” Gauge train show, Lakeland Community College

Sat & Sunday, November 25 & 26, 2006
Valley Forge HS, Parma, Ohio

Sunday, Dec 17, 2006
Parma HS. 6285 West 54th St., Parma, Ohio

The NMRA Div 5 show at Lakeland is in mid March.

lionelfan said:
I am from Parma Ohio, appx. 15 miles SW of Cleveland. Currently working on 60's to 70's era Lionel layout and my Son and I are working on a small HO layout. That in addition to building model cars and airplanes and collecting diecast cars.
Hi, I live in Caldwell , OH. I grew up in Parma and graduated from Parma Hi. I worked
at Chevy in Parma for 33 years. Retired now, I have a layout of Lionel too.
Chuck

brakie

I live in BuckyRus-Bucyrus...24 mile East of Mansfield,60 mile North of Columbus and 17 miles from Marion.49 miles South from Sandusky.

NSES44DC

brakie said:
I live in BuckyRus-Bucyrus...24 mile East of Mansfield,60 mile North of Columbus and 17 miles from Marion.49 miles South from Sandusky.
Ah yes, back in high school we had to travel to Marion to play against Harding..such a long drive. Over 2 hours. UGH!

1688torpedo

Hello Jeff! I live in Willoughby just a Block away from Tom(Spankybird) & I have a modest Lionel Collection & also belong to the Western Reserve Model Railroad Museum in Mentor. I see you're a Firefighter. My Brother Gordon is a Lieutenant for the Willoughby Fire Dept & helps train new recruits there. How long have you been in the Fire Dept? Take Care.....Keith

NSES44DC

Naww, Im not a firefighter, though I wish. I just respect them a ton and give my support to the FDNY who lost their brave warriors on the terrible day of 9-11-01. If my shoulder heals(rotator cuff injury) i do plan on going in to become a firefighter at the local college. Heck, im just 22, I feel my shoulder should heal correctly. Nice to meet ya Keith.

csxt30

Hello !! I live in Conneaut, Ohio , in the Northeast corner near Pa. About 40 miles east of Keith & Spankybird ! Have some O-gauge trains.
Thanks, John

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Chuck, John lives by Lake Eire not Conneaut Lake (which is of course in PA). Good thing too, otherwise he couldn't be an OTTS memeber! ! !sign1

1688torpedo

Hello Jeff! Good to meet you also. Hope to see you sometime over at the Museum or Tom's House. Hope your shoulder gets better also. Take Care.

csxt30

In Pa. there is Conneaut Lake Park, & Conneaut Lake, the little town right on the Lake there. I went out & checked my address, I'm OK !! :D :D :D :D sign1

Thanks, John

NSES44DC

Conneaut isnt too far north from where i usually camp at in Andover. Sadly, I dont recall any tracks near by except back west out on a country road and then a set on the PA side a good distance out.

NSES44DC

Conneaut isnt too far north from where i usually camp at in Andover. Sadly, I dont recall any tracks near by except back west out on a country road and then a set on the PA side a good distance out.