Feedback on The Gauge's new look

Nscalemodeler

Aug 10, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
I've been reading and posting on the gauge for a little over 9 months. I have enjoyed the site a lot and have learned even more. Recently the site look and feel changed. I just wanted to provide some feedback on the change.

The colors of the background with the text seems harder to read now and also finding those items that are bold (new or recent posts) are also harder to see than they were before.

I work in the business of change and am used to pushing change, so I'm not bringing this forward because I'm resistant to change, but would like it if it were easier to see the great information posted on The Gauge.

Thank you,

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
I don't know what your screen looks like but the Gauge has had a blue background with white text since inception. I know there was an option to change the backround for a while but I never used it. I have always found the white text on the blue background easy to read. I have enjoyed the BIG BLUE for years now.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Livesteam said:
on mine the back ground is all white

Really?! I liked the light background that was available as an option before (no offense to big blue fans!). Peter, who is working hard on tweaking our forum has said that it would take some effort and time to create the option again but maybe it is in the works as a future project (my thoughts not his).

How'd ya get that white screen Livesteam?
Ralph

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
yeh LS HOW did you get that white screen? I prefer a white field and black text, it is easyer on my old head lamps, less strain on the retina`s, but I like the gauge so much that I will put up with the strain...have a good one..steve

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Livesteam said:
on mine the back ground is all white
Right now is it that way? That is strange if it is. Like Ralph says, Peter went back to the old blue background until all the new changes are implemented and deemed to be working, then he said he would add the white background option back. If Peter says it will happen, it will happen. :thumb::thumb:

Now, just out of curiosity, does anyone else have a white background here at the Gauge? :wave::wave: