Feed Mill

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
This was done from plans from an old model railroader magazine, almost done, have to re do the upper roof as did not like the way it turned out so took it off, going to do it in tar paper.
Track side view:

Attachments

• mvc-002f.jpg
    mvc-002f.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 219

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Excellent modeling Ron!
I really like the 'deteriorating' roof! :cool:

btw...had any problems with that "giant" beast glimpsed in the last photo scaring off business? :D ;) :p :D

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
Thanks for all the good comments, encourages one to do more, thanks again.
The furry thing is another hungry stray cat that has just shown up, he is very friendly but starving, we live in a farm area and get lots of dumped animals, this one is just one of many, and I can not see an animal go hungry or hurt, just soft at heart I guess..Ron.

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
Very nice work!
It'd be a awesome piece on anybodies layout.:D

Too bad your clear up in the Great White North. I'd tak'em off ya.
My Siamese of 19yrs. passed away this year. Starting to want
another. I'd drive up if he were a she. :(

jkristia

Aug 1, 2002
Simi Valley, CA,
Visit site
Ron, beautiful work. I have to ask, is that N scale?. I seem to remember that you are in N scale, but this building looks so detailed that I would think it is in HO. If it IS N scale, then what did you use for the windows, it doesn't look like the standard Grandt Line windows.
Again, beautiful building.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Ron,
Thats a real beaut of a scratchbuilt structure, the part I like the most is the roof details and shingles. Well done.

Shamus

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
This can't be a real modeler's bench - it is clean, uncluttered, neat in appearance.....:D :D :)

Very nice structure Ron. The detail looks very sharp and I am looking forward to seeing the "completed" roof in your follow on shots.