Feeback Controllers

TexDoc

Aug 20, 2006
Corpus Christi, TX
George,
I tried several different feedback controllers in the early 90's. The only one I found that really worked, truly did maintain train speed, is a Gaugemaster which I obtained from Neal's N-gauging Trains. I eventually bought 4 hand helds and a panel mount. They works great, and I had spent a lot testing others, a few of which I still have, unopened and unused.
I must say however, I have found recently with my new layout the ultimate feedback controller, its called DCC.
Success in your quest,
Doc

GRSJr

Jun 29, 2004
Raleigh, NC
home.att.net
TexDoc said:
George,
I tried several different feedback controllers in the early 90's. The only one I found that really worked, truly did maintain train speed, is a Gaugemaster which I obtained from Neal's N-gauging Trains. I eventually bought 4 hand helds and a panel mount. They works great, and I had spent a lot testing others, a few of which I still have, unopened and unused.
I must say however, I have found recently with my new layout the ultimate feedback controller, its called DCC.
Success in your quest,
Doc

How did you test them if they're "unopened and unused"?

TexDoc

Aug 20, 2006
Corpus Christi, TX
Well, I bought a couple at different times based on some "expert's" recommendation. Opened and tried one and found that it was not what it was promoted to be. So like some static display locos, they too are unused.
That is why I am so happy with DCC. By setting the CV's I get all the feedback and so much more.
Doc