February 04 Photo Contest - Archive

Discussion in 'Competitions & Challenges' started by shamus, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Okay, this month photo comp. will be "Prototype"

Please make sure that the photograph you enter is yours. In other words, you took the photo. We don't want copyright problems at a later date, thankyou.

Usual rules apply, no questions in this thread, start a new thread for questions.

2. Lightbender

Lightbender Member

Sure I'll have a go. This is British Rail Southern Region number 34055 named 'Fighter Pilot'. A Bulleid Pacific Battle of Britain class at Bournemouth Station. I took this sometime in the late '50's. These loco's are also known ungraciously as 'Spam Cans', a term I would never use.
  3. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Last of the Tripleheaders

1960, supposed to be a last run for 136, 815 and 1057 (4-4-0 and 2 4-6-0s). Taken at Forks of Credit on the Credit Valley Rly (CPR).
    136 and 1057 are still running.

Attached Files:

4. fifer

fifer Active Member

Here are a pair of BNSF GP60's in Anthony NM.
    GP60 on the left and GP60M on the right , fresh from the wash bay it looks like.
    Taken with Nikon N50 with Fuji 200.

Attached Files:

5. philip

philip Guest

Kentucky Railway Museum

Last fall at the Museum.

Attached Files:

6. DanRaitz

DanRaitz Member

Heres my shot of ATSF C30-7 #8122. This was taken at the east ent of Walong siding "Tehachapi Loop" on the morning of July 3rd 1983.

Attached Files:

7. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Awesome Tony - I'm kinda partial to those moody shots. As for me, most of my prototype photos seem to be of the "arty" variety, as I've always enjoyed wandering around the railroad lands (as they call the area south of King) when it was deserted.
    Sorry about the quality of this shot - I scanned it from a slide. The original has a lot more detail but I still think it captures a lot of the overall feel.

:D Val

Attached Files:

8. interurban

interurban Active Member

Great shots folks!!!!!!!!.
    Here is my shot taken last yearat my favorite hang out:p

Attached Files:

9. GNRail

GNRail Member

Here is N in GNrail. My son this summer when the Royal Hudson 2816 stopped by on its tour.

Attached Files:

10. jkristia

jkristia Member

my contribution, taken in Santa Paula, CA, of the Fillmore & Western train

Attached Files:

11. trainworm

trainworm Member

getting chilly out here

here is a shot that i got a couple of weeks ago. i took it in New Mexico, just east of Thoreau.

12. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Here's a shot I took about 1980, on the ex Erie Dundee branch. Usually worked by EMD switchers, I was surprised to see a big U boat going down the street! I followed it down to the crossing of the Passaic river on an old wooden trestle in disbelief, but it went across uneventfully.

Attached Files:

13. Blake

Blake Member

Here is New York Susquehann and Western westbound container stack train NTV-9 on Starrucca Viaduct in October 1988.

14. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Shot summer of 2002 when I first started seeing these refers in the area. Mill in background is MFA in Aurora, MO where G W Busch had visited only about a month before. I closed my store in town to go see him that day, but the streets were crowded with people who I didn't know, and I know almost everyone in town by site. FRED

Attached Files:

• feed.jpg
      File size:
      63.4 KB
  15. Mr. Idz

Mr. Idz New Member

Photo Contest Submission

Lets try this again...

Greetings from London Ontario...

Attached is a January 25th 2004 photo of 2 GP-9's on the ready track in Canadian Pacific's Quebec Street Yard in London Ontario following a heavy snowfall.

I hope it loads OK.

Attached Files:

• cp1.jpeg
      File size:
      37.1 KB
  16. Freelancer

Freelancer Member

Picture was too big, I will try again. As I was saying here is my first photo contest entry, I took this last night after my shift. HVRR's Union Pacific #618 Baldwin 2-8-0.

Attached Files:

17. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

A new meaning of the word 'Road Switcher'

This is THE bottleneck in the afternoon 'Industry Job' in Olten, Switzerland. Road and track are sharing the same underpass - on top of that tunnel there's a double track main line.

The switcher is pushing the tank car into an industrial siding beyond - and the automobiles obviously would like to push the loco off the track... :mad: :curse: :mad:

You should hear the sound of the diesel switcher in the underpass! GRRRREAT!!! :thumb:

Attached Files:

18. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

19. CarlFidy

CarlFidy Member

My entry, better late than never.....

Union Pacific 3985 "Challenger" at Coffeyville, KS on February 7, 2004.

Attached Files:

20. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Lafayette CSX Yards, 2-26-04

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.