247.jpg

245.jpg

244.jpg

PWRR-2207

Rogue Islander
Oct 3, 2007
Rhode Island, USA
Crossings

The flu pretty much stopped my attempts this week to do anything that required focusing much less sitting up straight, so here are a couple of pre-flu picks done last week at my model railroad crossing:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Very cool to see working headlights on that car at the crossing Jeffrey! I like the lighting effect in that wood mill too. Illuminating structures really adds an element of realism that I need to get going on some day! :)
Ralph

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Very cool to see working headlights on that car at the crossing Jeffrey! I like the lighting effect in that wood mill too. Illuminating structures really adds an element of realism that I need to get going on some day! :)
Ralph
Ah-ha! Fooled you. Actually the car has no working lights. I added the lights in Photo Impressions 4. I've tried Photo-Shop and was not favorably impressed with it.

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
Nice buildong Kyle.

I had an operating session recently for the first time in a really long time, and afterwards as I walked by Blakesly yard I noticed the east bound steam powered trains were lined up in such a fashion as to be screaming out to have their photo taken. Until I build a turntable, this is the end of the run for these babies, I have to 10 finger them around. I had figured I might start the turntable in January, and very likely I will actually start in in March, so for me that's pretty damn good. Any lateness measurable in months, not years, is above average.

A lineup of classic NYC steam:

P1011012.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Not much happening ON the layout right now because I'm busy building a wall with a pocket door to separate it from the rest of the basement family room. We think it will heat better and also look nicer. The metal studs on the left are the split studs that accommodate the door. Since this pic was taken I've completed the framing, installed drywall, and painted. This weekend will be devoted to door jambs, trim, etc. After that...BACK TO RAILROADIN'!
1-25-2008-03.jpg

Ralph

PWRR-2207

Rogue Islander
Oct 3, 2007
Rhode Island, USA
Structures...

Just out of curiosity since I also have a Walthers Freight Terminal - What did you do with the back half of the building or did Walthers use the same mold on another structure?

I thought about blanking off the hole in the back of mine (the front half you show in your picture) and using it stand alone like you did because I like the brick architecture but ended up attaching the transfer/warehouse section on the end. Here is a picture of what I have done with it so far so you can see what I mean:

Walthers Freight Terminal.jpg

PWRR-2207

Rogue Islander
Oct 3, 2007
Rhode Island, USA
Ah-ha! Now see

So far I haven't done anything with it. I'll eventually close up the back of it. A small part of the warehouse section is visible to the front of the freight terminal, as evidenced in this shot.

Thank you for the reply and picture :)

I like the green roof you have on yours. I am not quit happy with my gray paint and may go for a darker shingle color or try the green.

I may take a door or two out on the viewable side since I like the "in use" look you have.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
OUTSTANDING work/progress/proto shots FOLKS!!!:bravo:

Tom(spankybird), i noticed the dragster "Bad Medicine" in your pics:winki: , as a kid i had the model of that, it was my favorite car model:thumb: , brought back old memories seeing it, THANKS!:mrgreen:

Not the best shot:eek:ops: , but i took this pic yesterday of #4025 in Janesville.

:deano: -Deano
W6.JPG

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Jeffrey, i gotta tell you, seeing the early pics of your layout, and looking at it now, it is REALLY coming along nicely!!!:bravo: , KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!:thumb::mrgreen:

:deano: -Deano

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
A couple of illicit pictures from my former place of employment: ;)

This is the 80 working #2 Stripper, where the moulds were removed from the ingots, taken on a hot summer's evening. That's the BOF building in the background.
img015.jpg

Same loco, same location, at about 3:00am. The BOF is at right, with #3 Open Hearth building in the background.
img016.jpg

Wayne