Feb. 06, Trains, Planes and Automobiles

Discussion in 'Competitions & Challenges' started by ezdays, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HPRL

HPRL Member

Galt: I do see what you mean now. It appears the backdrop is running up hill :D What the heck.... I can probably get that fixed with your suggestion. However, on a different perspective (no pun intended -- yeah right) if you cup both hands together to form a tube it appears a little 3-D. The airship is kind of jumping out the picture. :D

Thanks for the suggestions. I probably try another shoot this weekend.

This brings an interesting fact. We should start a thread on Photo taking tips and tricks. Anyone else have thoughts on this? Get a photographer as a moderator. :wave:
  2. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

I'll start it!! Look under the Photography section.
  3. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great Photo's Everyone. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  4. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Train & Bus

The 'Golden Pass Express' train is just drifting into the station, while a bus is waiting to take the skiers from the station up to the the Cross-country ski Center near the town of Zweisimmen (Bernese Oberland, Switzerland).

Hehe, sometimes it pays to be in the holidays at the right time! :thumb: :D

Attached Files:

5. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Perth (high level) station and the high street

The view of the street under the Perth station, also showing the High Street.

Attached Files:

6. Art67

Art67 Member

planes, trains and...steam tugs

hello everyone, here is a scene from the piers of Baltimore. I am not sure if it qualifies as an entry because I did add water in Photoshop, as well as steam from the tug. I also added an exhaust plume in the sky from a passing overhead jet airplane. With the exception of the water, this is otherwise a shot from my layout.

Attached Files:

7. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

I grew up in Randallstown and the only thing I see missin' is an Orioles ball cap:thumb:
  8. C&O Fan

C&O Fan Member

That looks like one heck of a traffic jam there! Oh yeah, I saw the train in there too. sign1
  9. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

A Conrail local freight passes by a SW1500 with M3 halftrack being shipped to a near by Museum. Its currently waiting on the interchange for the local to pass.

10. RevnJeff

RevnJeff New Member

City Block in Augsburg IL (fictional town)

Fire Department parking lot with commuter train in background.

Augsburg & Concord R.R.
    (a fictional shortline in Central Illinois)
    Come see us on the web:
  11. lester perry

lester perry Active Member

Think she will go with him?
  12. liven_letdie

liven_letdie Member

Sorry to take so long to get back. Going back, someone asked how a tank got to portola. Well I didn't have an answer good enough to tell so I did some digging. The only problem is I asked 5 people and got about 8 different answers...my kind of luck. The best couple were, "I don't know but there used to be two of them", "some kids were vandalizing the museum so necessary steps were taken" and lastly "storing them for the national guard" From what I remember overhearing the last one is probably the most correct. They may or may not be still national guard tanks, it would make sense to have them stored there because there isnt anywhere else up there to store them, however doesnt seem very smart to do that either. They very well could have been donated in which case they are for sale in order to raise funds for other projects(need a tank anyone?) Basically at the end of my search, I still don't know for sure...Sorry!@

13. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Here's one I took way back when I was a young lad, back when my family still lived up in Canada. Not buying that? OK, Steamtown, Vermont, 1980

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.