Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
Aw come on.. you're killing us. Where's the all of the above?:D

I voted "other". Not for the totally out of this world type of car, but for those cars that are visually apparent unique variations (variations in rivet placement doesn't count) of all of the above.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
For me its the short line boxcar..I have close to 152 per diem short line boxcars and 60 or so none short line boxcars.

My other favorite cars are reefers,coil cars,covered hoppers and tank cars..

screen

Aug 18, 2005
Sterling, Illinois
Passenger are mine due mostly from my experience as a child riding them to see relitives - Have a collection of them but oddly enough I don't run them on my line - Ore then tank would run a close second - and I agree with Zedob - they all our are favorites at different times!

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
MOW Cars, each has its own unique character and the variety is staggering.

I also like the flatcar for its considerable versatility (and the fact that many MOW cars can be bashed from them :D )

I find it hard to believe you forgot to list the Caboose................I believe many who choose other would have chosen the caboose for its unique look and variety along with its major roll in railroading.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Boxcar-hopper, boxcar-hopper,....

Tough choice. I always liked boxcars but since my modeling has been concentrating on the anthracite roads of eastern Pennsylvania the hopper has been gaining influence.

jaijef

Sep 23, 2005
Tennessee
Hopper-ACF

I voted hopper.
I like the short 34-40 ft. ones for coal hauling but my all time favorite if the 55' ACF Centerflow Hopper that carries grain. Being that I lived in rural Arkansas at an early age I remember those car quite fondly and have 36 of them on my layout, albeit, not all SSW/Cotton Belt.
I like the BN ones because of the green paint scheme.
The ROCK ones are cool too, great name.
I have Athearn,Atlas,Intermountain and some others.
jai:cool:

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
I picked box car, because they are the workhorse for my era ("between the wars"), but I really like the non-revenue stuff - especailly snow plows. Not sure why... :rolleyes: :confused:, but they are neat!

Andrew