Favorite loco(s) to run

eatst14

My favorite locos are my atlas csx gp38 and my atlas csx b23-7. Both look great on my shortline and they are smooth, quiet, and great runners.

I'd still love to have a pair of the kato 90mac's, but my partner says that it i'snt in the rail budget at this time. Especially since there is no way conrail or its owners are going to be selling them any time soon. Maybe you guys could convince her that 90macs could possibly wind up on the forsale market from conrail so my shortline could buy them up...hey it could happen.

Ed
Eatst14@yahoo.com

revjerwayne

My favorites:

Usually anything by Kato (modern). Kato really outdid itself with the SD80MACs. I have two and they are the quietest locomotives I have ever seen. They whirl, and they pull, thanks to their weight of 4.7 oz., which is .5 oz. more than the Dash 9.

Jerry

my N-scale Atlas SD-60. It looks massive, even in N-scale, creeps like a cat and pulls like a mule. (14 cars without being affected by the grades on the layout.) UP, of course.

My Kato C&NW SD-40 is a close second. it is a bit smoother but lacks the presence of the SD-60.

I got three words for ya: UP BIG BOY!

I only have one loco and thats the Big Boy (HO), so that kinda narrows it for me for now. I do plan on getting the Challenger, Allegheny, K4s, Mallet, Hudson and a small switcher.

There's nothing in the world like a steam loco!

BDC

Originally posted by eatst14
My favorite locos are my atlas csx gp38 and my atlas csx b23-7. Both look great on my shortline and they are smooth, quiet, and great runners.

I'd still love to have a pair of the kato 90mac's, but my partner says that it i'snt in the rail budget at this time. Especially since there is no way conrail or its owners are going to be selling them any time soon. Maybe you guys could convince her that 90macs could possibly wind up on the forsale market from conrail so my shortline could buy them up...hey it could happen.

Ed
Eatst14@yahoo.com

Ed-
Kato is making a second run of the SD80 and SD90 line. THe SD80s will be painted in CSX and NS. The SD90s are UP "lightning stripe" and CEFX.
Now for the important info: CEFX is a loco leasing company, which means that their locomotives could end up anywhere in the US. (hint, hint!). For more info, see: http://www.katousa.com

RI541

Hey Errol,

Believe it or not my daughter has a LL BN SD7 and it runs great when ever its on the lay out.

As for my favoritist loco I can't realy say all my LL run great and my Atlas U25B runs great.

Now whats this about taking over the RI lines????:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D