Favorite Cardmodel?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by thewoodengraver, Nov 2, 2006.

1. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

What is your favorite cardmodel kit?

I am asking a very difficult question, I know. I have 10,000 favorites!
    I'm sure there is that one kit you tell everybody about and I want to know what it is.

I want to hear about a model YOU HAVE BUILT. I am NOT asking for pics. I want an honest,overall review of that model that went together well and that you had most fun building.

If I was from planet Cutncards, and I told you I was a cardmodeler, but I was unfamiliar with any "Earth" made models...what would you reccommend?

My favorite kit is the Six Little Ships and Galleons from Micromodels. This is the kit that got me started with cardmodeling. I would reccommend it to all.
  2. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

My favorite that is still available would be Ralph Currell's SpaceShipOne. The parts went together quite easily and the instructions were well laid out and easy to follow. The finished product looks very good and has elicited quite a few complimentary comments.

My favorite unavailable:( one would be Fryer's Cardstock Trebuchet.
  3. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

The Concordes models of Erik Te Groen and Ralph Currell are among my top 10 (even if they are currently now 5 different versions). I recommend them for the care they are designed and the finished models are quite good representations of the real thing.
  4. barry

barry Active Member

Favourite cardmodel

Mine has got to be IJN Fuso by DN fits together like a dream
  5. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

My favourite built model would have to be.......still thinking......Yamaha YZF-R1. It was a very complex model for a first time build and was extremely well designed for detail and fit. Not bad for a first time model that gives a challenge. I decided if I couldn't sit down and build that, then why was I considering paper modeling. I'm still here some years later.
  6. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

My favorite model is the first one I designed...the Flintstone Family Car.

I have never built the model, but have photos of it from a couple of people and I look at those photos and think, "I designed that"...smile...and go on with what I was doing.
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I would say the model I got the most enjoyment out of is defintely the fryers cardstock trebuchet. The kids love it, visitos love it, its rugged and easy to use!

The model I got the most satisfaction out of building though would have to be The Jade Dragon. It went together very well. Instructions were decent and the finished product seems fairly sturdy (I plan to ship it overseas for a christmas gift)

8. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

#1 Gearz' Battlestar Galactica!

#2 Jaybats' Colonial Viper!

#3 Anything by Ebbels Minatures! (they're fast, fun and look great)
  9. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member

10. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

I can't really decide yet... :-D

but for now, my favs are the Marscenter Real Space Goodies (i.e. ISS, Shuttle, Soyuz), models of Erik te Groen (particularly his Delta II Rockets, BA Concorde & MER) and of course, Ralph Currell's SS1 (1/48 & 1/32) & AF Concorde...

of course, there's Dr. Z's White Knight, currently the largest one that I've ever build :-D
  11. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

I'm a scratch builder. My favorite so far has been my seiner fishing-boat. It has just enough detail to be fun and it only takes a few hours to put it together. Recently I've been going overboard on detail. My WIG with warpwings takes about 3 weeks. And my NOAA enforcement boat (current project)takes about 2 days. The time per build will more then double once I get the details of anchor, radar, engines, winches, lights, handrails and the like worked out.
    I suppose my enjoyment of designing moving parts is at odds with my enjoyment of short and sweet builds.

12. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Nobi's cromwell(resized to 1/72 of course)
  13. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

My favourites (so far)

The business card sized Bee Gee (Gee Bee?) from Fiddlers Green.
    The business card sized Viper by Gearz.
    The TIE MFP by Conrad Mitchell.
    Everything else I've made so far.
  14. shrike

shrike Guest

Tie between Marek's PWS 33 Wyzel and Rafael Ciesielski's He100D. The former is a delightful and obscure subject and the latter one of my favourites. Marvelous parts fit on both. Enough of a challenge to be fun, yet not so much as to get bogged down in fiddly bits or frustrations.
  15. 46rob

46rob Member

There are no favorites--I like just about everything I build. Some are challenging for their complexity, others for their unique building methods...some are simple--and simple is good too...Lets just say that those whose parts fit well and colors are accurate are my favorites.