fast

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by duratraxst1, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duratraxst1

duratraxst1 New Member

[:p]i am thinking of upgrading my stampede i am putting the st pro esc in it and a new reciever and a 13 turn havok from team orion will it go fast?[}:)]
  2. timrock

timrock Active Member

if you know what you are doing it should go faster.
  3. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

dont waist your money. buy the brushless ss from novak. it is like 200.00, or so. they are awsome
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

dont get the brushless. thats a waste of money. its like $250. you can get a new truck for that
  5. duratraxst1

duratraxst1 New Member

ya u can lol
  6. timrock

timrock Active Member

man for 200 i can build a 50-60mph car for anyone.RTR inculds all.
  7. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

it's a good deal. if you figure the money you would spend on the esc, the motor, and changing the brushes,compaired to 200.00 for the esc, and brushless motor with no mainence, it is a good deal, and they are crazy fast.with incredable torq.
  8. monsterrcbuilder04

9. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

and there is maintence
  10. monsterrcbuilder04

ya. its not relly "brushless" you still has brushes but there not in the same place
  11. brushless

brushless New Member

dont listen to these idiots, brushless motors are the best. the novak system is great, the lehner system i have has too much power broke the cvd bones in half great runtime. there a new brushless motor thats out for 115 dollars at www.finedesignrc.com its faster than the lehner.htey dont have brushes the lehner motors have lifetime warrentys on them. you can see the inside of the motor on www.rumrunnerhobbies.com, there are no brushes
  12. brushless

brushless New Member

13. pimp

pimp Active Member

brushless dosent have the power of a brush but brushless has more rpm that is the big diffrence
  14. brushless

brushless New Member

does'nt have the power? brushless motors have 700 watts caompared to the top of the line 250 watt d6, and the trend now is more rpm. you only need 1 brushless motor in an e-maxx to make it go 45+ mph. pimp where are you getting your info? have you ever owned a brushless motor? have you seen the new rccaraction mag where they test a brushless motor and aay its more powerful?
    have you ever seen a vid of a car with a brushless motor in it? the motor i have broke 2 cvd bones in half.
  15. TCable

TCable Member

Brushless motors also are more efficient, therefore you need less battery power to get the same horsepower. There is less friction (friction = heat = lost energy), so you don't have as much energy loss going from the battery to the wheels.
  16. monsterrcbuilder04

yes i saw that rcca issue and it made the brushless sound pretty good
  17. TCable

TCable Member

Sorry, I didn't read the rcca issue, just learned it from college (BSEE). I also was on the solar car team that took first place in the US a few years back (UMR Solar Car Team). We used brushless DC motors in every solar car we built.
  18. brushless

brushless New Member

cool tcable
  19. monsterrcbuilder04

i also read in the july issue that the ae car that went 111mph used a brushless motor with 24 cells. i havnt seen can handle so many cells. can you use a regular esc with a brushless motor cause that is the only way i can see using so many cells?
  20. brushless

brushless New Member

no u can not use a reg esc with a brushless motor, and why is it that the only way u can see a brushless motor handle 24 cells is with a brushed esc http://www.finedesignrc.com/this a link to a site where you can buy esc that can handle up to 40 cells. its a esc designed for brushless motors
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.