Faro Basso

Enterpriser10

Since the beginning. . .
Now, I remember my post #41, when I start gluing the set to the body at the center, more specifically where are indicated by the blue arrows numbered as #1. But, at the final of the front of body, I noted at the right side a little difference, a tiny empity space, maybe accurred by a lack of attention on my part . . . (indicated by the right orange arrow numbered as #2). Fortunately, the left side is ok! I hope I can fix this error with the progress of process.

Thank you for following!

(P. S.: Please, note threads #41, 57, 58, 67, 73, 79, 80)

FB-51[1].jpg FB-51.a[1].jpg

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
We call that "accrued intolerance". That piece may be forced to curve by making that side align. These subtle treatments are how UHU gets the overall shapes, bends, and curves on his models. I think by the time you are done, it will disappear. There is a "cap piece" on this scooter. I have attached some pictures so you can see it. This supposed to be a 1953 Faro Basso, for reference. I don't know how detailed UHU got, but the link below will show you where I got the "cropped" pics from. This "cap" on the body work will hide the gap. Around 10 years ago I welded some sections of one of these together that had rusted out. What a pain in the butt! There isn't a flat surface on this thing, and a sand bag a big plastic hammer was necessary go get the shape. If you look closely, you will see the cap. I have not built this model, and do not know how detailed UHU got, but you could take it to the next level if it isn't there. ;)

http://elgaragedesaul.com/index.php/restauracion-motocicletas/vespa-lambretta/96-vespa-faro-basso
FB1.jpg FB2.jpg FB3.jpg FB4.jpg FB5.jpg FB6.jpg FB7.jpg

Last edited:

Enterpriser10

Since the beginning. . .
Wow, wow, wow, wow!!!!!!!!!!
My dear Zathros . . . What's that????? Wonderful picutes and real references!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much. I'll take a look here allways when I'm assembling a new section of Faro Basso. Wow . . . It's simple amazing. Thank you, because you take your time to search this photos to help me, and make me feel good about the accrued intolerance, that I understood what it meens. Thank you a lot!!

Enterpriser10.

Enterpriser10

Since the beginning. . .
My dears, sorry for post just now, but I had some problem gluing the left lateral at the set. Some tabs moved a little when I thought the glue was dry. At the first photo the wrong place are indicated. At the second photo, I'm afraid about some difficult here, at the doble lines at top. Sorry . . .

(P. S.: Please, note threads #41, 52, 58, 73)

FB-52.a.jpg FB-53.a.jpg

Last edited: