Farnborough Airshow 08...Tips?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by NYC Irish, Feb 25, 2008.

1. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Hello all

Just wondering if anyone has some hints n tips about the Farnborough Airshow, how to get there, things to do, best photo spots etc.

im hoping to go there for the 08 show.

Thanks in Advance
    John John
  2. PCB Designer

PCB Designer New Member

Farborough Show

Hi John,

Glad to see that your considering the show. Looks like this will be the best ever as it is their 60th anniversary!

I'm not sure the best way for you to get there from Ireland but maybe this link may help Farnborough - General Info - Getting There

Looks like there will be a lot of good things to go and see. We will be attending the show with one of our partners keep an eye out on this site, we will be writing about the show and everything we will offer at our stand.
  3. PCB Designer

PCB Designer New Member

What type of things are you interested in looking at?
  4. Tim Crowe

Tim Crowe Member

I used to work for a Cessna / Reims aviation dealer in the U.K. a few years ago and used to go - here are my tips;

Avoid the public days and go on a trade day - You will need to be invited.

If your driving take the second turn off the motorway out of London (not this show one) as its a lot less busy. The local police will direct you to the nearest car park for the show.

Some of the police used to direct the traffic wearing glove puppets. I once get squirted by Sooty with a water pistol!

If you can, fly into Blackbushe and get a taxi - they have a large fleet available doing round trips. - Not a bad place for light aircraft spotting.

Get there early to walk the exhibit halls then it leaves you free for the display in the afternoon.

Generally you will not be allowed to look round the aircraft unless invited. No harm in asking though - particually with the light aircraft

Good Luck
  5. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Ouch, Im back and I didnt bring Sun Tan Lotion...A pair of pics of the Big Birds at the Show

The Vulcan Is a living Breathing creature....wow well done to the Vulcan Trust Company

John John
  6. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Great photos.

I saw the Vulcan and the BBMF Lancaster flying together at Waddington a couple of weeks ago. Also spitfire and typhoon flying together, put on an excellent show.