"Fan" of the Guage??

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Hi Matt, I want to add my welcome too. Just a great bunch of folks having lots of fun ejoying these great hobbies of ours.
Modelling, photography and trainfanning to say the least.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Hey Matt - glad to have you aboard!!! Remember you can't leave now that you are welcomed - Nobody's allowed to disembark from "The Gauge" until they post at least as many posts as Shamus :D

-- If you believe that I have a bridge to sell... :) :D

We welcome any decent input from everyone!! :D

-~~ Mikey

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
Sincere thanks

Thanks guys for all the welcoming!!! It's good to hear from you all and hope to learn alot from you. I'm not a newbie in the hobby but not that great at some aspects of it. (carpentry...wheeew.............Wiring and me get along about as well as me and my lawnmower...which is about never)

Tyson: thanks for your honesty. I hope you didn't think I was slamming you personally. Just the whole nature of that thread was getting out of control.
I did see that you registered with The Gauge in Sept. of 2001.
Did that have anything to do with your remark??
Just kidding!!!!!!!!!

Again, thanks for the kind comments and you'll hear from me sometimes.. Maybe more...
I do alot of listening and observing and try to learn things that way, but if I have a question, I'm sure it will get answered correctly, respectfully, and promptly. Not six weeks later like at the "slow" site.

As The Tubes once sang......"I'll talk to ya later!!!"

Matt---Chocolatetown, Pa. USA!!!

CarlFidy

Jun 17, 2002
Owasso, OK
Visit site
Like several others, I had to put my 2 cents worth in at the other site. But not for that thread, who knows how long it would have been before I would have found this wonderful site. :)

My compliments to this site designer(s) - very nicely done.:D

I am looking forward to participating in this community of sharing, helping, and encouraging members.

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Welcome, Carl. BTW, I grew up in Custer County, NE, the seat of which was Broken Bow. Maybe Boken Bow and Broken Arrow should get together and fix things.

CarlFidy

Jun 17, 2002
Owasso, OK
Visit site
Thanks!!!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!!! This sites seems to have alot more comradiere between members than other sites I've visited.

If ya'll (my Okie slips in every once in a while) are interested, a brief history of my experience in "The World's Greatest Hobby".
Initially was involved with an HO modular group in Tulsa about 15 years ago(while I was in high school). Got as far as building two tables, but they never saw any scenery or track. Altough they have made nice sturdy temporary work tables for other projects.
Interests and hobbies changed - got brainwashed by the RC car racing folks for several years.
Started getting back into trains about 18 months ago by reading several magazines each month and surfing the web. My desire to get more involved was greatly increased after attending the NMRA convention in St. Louis and seeing all the incredible layouts during the numerous tours.
Current modeling consists of helping the local N-Trak group with four new corner modules. Trying to get some on-the-job training before tackling any track laying or scenery work on my own. Not to mention my current space for modeling is serving several other purposes (entertainment center, computer desk, and general collection point for everything else).:( :( :(
Working on an N-scale track plan involving the Terminal Railroad Association and Manufactures Railway in the St. Louis area. Will post some diagrams and ideas in Track Planning shortly.

Again thanks for the welcome, hope to get to know ya'll much better in the future.:D :D

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Hi there.
I first checked out The Gauge out of curiosity because of the Trains thread. I read both now and like seeing photos of other people's layouts. I've observed some bickering and challenging of others in the Trains threads and think it detracts from the purpose of these sites. Looking forward to seeing more of what other modelers are up to!
Thanks,
Ralph

C

Catt

Hi Ralph,welcome to the Gauge.About the only challenge you find here is one member challenging another to get some more done and photographed so we can enjoy their modeling.:D :D