"Fan" of the Guage??

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Casey,
I hope they wait to edit "that thread" until after my reply has had a chance to be read. I think it was rockislandmike who dropped in and noted that he had been on the gauge, that got me here in the first place. This is by far a friendlier place, and a place where information is more readily exchanged, and accepted.
The rest of you who "went over", and left the word, "right on!"
Pete

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Oh No!
Now I guess he'll start posting pictures, & bragging on his trestles!
:D :D :D
(it's only me Pete, & you know I'm kidding! :) )

In fact now that I think about it, you are a perfect example of what I was trying to explain to that guy...You are a highly advanced modeler, with years of experience, & still you've always treated me, & everyone else here, to my knowledge with respect, paying us compliments (btw, how many beers do I owe you now? :D ), & giving advice, & encouragement. Thanks!

C

Catt

Me? Go over to Trains.com? Only to be sure you guys are still acting like Gauger's:D :D :D

I agree about the speed over there. I've got a cable modem, so getting there is no problem. But having to click on every individual post in a thread is a real time waster. The last time I was there, one of MR's editors was promising "big changes." That was about 2 months ago. I didn't notice any changes the other day. Still the same full-of-hassels, slow site it's always been.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Here's the question...
Yoiu go to trains.com, you go through that log-in deal, then you have to wait for your chosen forum to load, then you see a topic that interests you, say it's already got 5 or 6 follow-ups...Do you just reply to the poster, or do you feel the need to go through the arduous process of clicking on each follow-up, waiting for it to load, & reading it to make sure you're adding something to the discussion, & not just repeating something that 5 or 6 other peoiple have already said?

Answer...
Exit, & go over to www.the-gauge.com! :D

Matt Probst

Mar 15, 2002
Hershey,Pa.
Visit site
"hello Tyson" thread on trains.com

Hello folks...this is my first post at this site. I've had several at the "slow site". I've been following the Mike M. thread for several days now and it's now the "straw that broke the camels back" in regards to my interest of trains.com. I added a post to that thread asking the guys to lighten up, basically. Did anyone see the Osama Bin Laden comment? Holy @#$%^&!!!
I want these sites to be a learning tool and a source of information relevant to model railroading as a hobby. Not a place to brag, berate, blow off steam and act like a jackass. That should be reserved for a bar room! And even then the bouncers might throw you out!!
Again I reiterate...let's have fun with this hobby. Remember "to each his own". appreciate what others have done that may be better than the work you do, Do unto others...etc. etc. etc.
I will probably still visit trains.com but will only view threads that have DIRECT relevence to the hobby.
In the meantime I'll be checking out The Gauge way more frequently and hope to get to "know" you guys better!!
Matt--Hershey,Pa.

C

Catt

Hello Matt,

Welcome to the Gauge.Hope you enjoy your visit and come back often.

Oh yeah,and be sure to bring your sense of humor with you cause we are a happy (and caring) bunch.

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Welcome Matt! :D I was the one that made the Osoma remark in the other thread and while it was rather mild compared to what he had posted over here I did apologise for it never the less. I'm looking for basically the same things in a forum as you which is why I spend most of my time here. I also am looking to study the work of those better than myself so that I can improve. Here that is easy as most of the people here are better that I (But I'm improving! :D ). Unlike Trains.com where you only have 1 model forum there are several here so it will take awhile to look around, but trust me it's worth it!! Again, Welcome! :)

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hello Matt, welcome to the gauge. The guys here are all very friendly - kind and warm hearted. Okay guys, now you can pass the hat around.

Shamus