Falklands 25

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Wolfshead57, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Wolfshead57

Wolfshead57 Member

Hi guys & Gals

Just a quick thought next year is 25 years since the Falklands war and as a vet (Americanism,i know) I was interested in any models from that conflict if anyone knows of any, really would like the QEII as I sailed on her.

Also as a side to this a comrade of mine has a site that he pints pics on to raise money for the SouthAtlantic Association, and knowning as how modellers love to see authentic markings etc thought i would add his link to here if thats ok.

If i am out of order on this then please delete this thread dont want to break any rules or upset anyone

Cheers lads

2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

oooo.... Pucara's
  3. Alcides

Alcides Member

Yes, Pucara!!!

I love to see a good, detailed model of Pucara, 1/33 better.

Of course with the markings used in the Islas Malvinas war.

4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Yes Pucara................Skyhawk...............and Sea Harrier........... Vulcan would be nice too..............but not in 1/33:grin:

Wow..........25 years.........
  5. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Flymodel does a vulcan in 1/33...its big n bulky

If I recommend a book, Vulcan 607 about the Black Buck missions, I highly do so...2 vulcans tearing down between the valley walls of the Grand canyon?

You wont see a BUFF do that

Hello from Florida by the way as I patiently sit out the launch of Sts-115...

John John
  6. damraska

damraska Member

The prototype for Halinki's Sea Harrier FRS. Mk I (4-5/1998 ) was flown in the Falklands War off HMS Invicible, with the pilot scoring two kills against Mirage jets.

I've built the model but do not have it in front of me. The graphics are typical of models produced in the late 90's. You need to make all the connecting strips yourself, and I would not recommend it to a novice. However, the finished model looks quite nice.

7. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Rattle Barrys cage and no doubt he'll bash out a few appropriate ships for you!!

I must say a 1:33 (or 1:32) Vulcan would be just too cool!!

Tim P (wunwinglow)
  8. Alcides

Alcides Member

Easy kills

I have to said. Our air force where not match for the British Air force.

Even the pucara was used because the used every plane in the air force. The pucara was designed for a very differente purpose.