F2G Canopy help

madchuck

Yes sir after seeing the excellent F2G by MLDixon I have been motivated to return to my own #57. Currently I am stuck on the canopy I vacuformed one and now I need to know what is the best way to fit the trim on? How does the the black part on the front of the wind screen fit? It doesn't seem to want to lay properly when wrapped around the front of the wind screen. What glue should I use? I have been using Uhu for all the paper parts, but I am afraid that will not work well with the plastic especially if I smeers at the seems. I plan to keep the canopy closed.
Here is a picture with the canopy as it sits. This is the first kit above Fiddlers green level for me so.... HELP please.
F2Gcanopy001.jpg

Here is where I am at with the rest of the plane. Thanks for any help.
PaperF2G008.jpg

mldixon

I glued this part directly to the fuselage and then fit the windscreen under it. That way the windscreen edge slips under the part and helps form the shape.
Leave the edge where the windscreen comes in loose with no glue and then slip the plastic under it. It should stay in place with no glue. Then when you have test fit everything use Super Glue Gel formula with a very fine applicator to tack in place for final fit. Warning Super glues on plastic will ruin the part, so be very careful.

Willja67

Looks really good so far! As Mike said glue it to the fuselage. Preforming is required, so bend the white portion up using a dowel around the inner edge and only glue the outer edges down.

mldixon

I used spray adhesive on the back of all canopy parts. That way I did not have to worry about smear of glue. I also use Quick Tack. White or clear formulas, Grabs fast and holds well. Experiment with it a bit. If you are in the states. You can get it at most craft stores. They sell a sample pack with 6 different bottles to try. I guess I must have about 12 different glues. 3 different spray adhesives. Super glues in three setting speeds and zip kicker to make super glues go instantly. By the way the spay Zip kicker will not make the inkjet inks run and when it dries leaves no trace.

madchuck

Thank you Will and Mike. I think I can get this now. I will hit a craft store and pick up the Quick Tack. Spray adhesive on the frame parts now that's a good idea.
Rick