F22 Raptor availablity??

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Master-Bruce, May 23, 2008.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if some of you aviation guys can help me?

I wanted to know if the F22 Raptor was available as a free model? I know of one commercial kit by PModel, the 1/50 scale model, but I'm just curious as to whether a decent free kit is available anywhere?

Just thinking of a future project really but wouldn't want to do it if one is already floating around ya know?

Thanks in advance fellas. :D
  2. Jim Lionmane

Jim Lionmane Member

Ojimak has a free A/F-22 at his site, and it is available right now.
    Remember to read the attention on top of the page before downloading.
    He rotates the availability of his models, so get what you want now, it might not be available next time you visit.
    All his models are disigned to be able to fly, so they are not only dekorative, but can be flown like a folded paper airplane.

By the way, the ones that are yellow, are the ones that are currently available. Click the plane nametag for instructions on assembling the plane, and click the picture of the plane to get the plane itself.

Kind regards

Jim Lionmane
  3. Master-Bruce

Thanks very much for that. It's a nice model too! :D

I remember that Ojimak doesn't like his models being modified right? That's cool but I think I'll do one myself when I finish my next project.

See, I want to do a Raptor with the Starscream markings from the Transformers movie. I couldn't do that without offending so I'll just start over.

Some very clever models he designs though. I've never really paid much attention to airplane/avaition models before.
  4. Jim Lionmane

Jim Lionmane Member

If you think ojimak's model could do as a base for your project, then try to contact him and explain your project, and assure him that he will be credited apropriatly. I know of another project where he allowed modification of one of his models, because the person asked for his permission before he started.

There's no harm in asking, the worst you can get is a no, and then you will be where you are now. He communicates fine in english.

Kind regards

Jim Lionmane
  5. Master-Bruce

Thanks Jim,

That's not a bad idea either. I've been giving it some thought though. I already have a mesh of the Raptor that was extracted from the Transformer game. It's a nicely modelled mesh that I think will transfer well into paper. It has a basic cockpit but it's terribly inaccurate.

Anyway, I think to remain consistent with my current Transformer vehicle models, I'll rework this mesh and it's cockpit and use that. Basically starting from scratch. It won't have the fun element of being flyable like Ojimaks but I think it could make a nice display piece.

I found some grat reference for the Raptor and for Starscream on the net so I'll be good to go for creating textures too. I hope. :D

I'm not sure about keeping the scale consitent with my other T'formers models though. They are 1/12 which would make a pretty massive Raptor!
  6. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Hmmm... sir Andrew has a taste for decepticons... :twisted:

since Starscream is mentioned now, is there anyone willing to do some instructions for the robot model? All I can do here is just stare at the 3d renderings and the unfolded templates...

I also have the PModel 1/50 kit here, and even though it has instructions, it still looks complicated... not for the newbie for sure...
  7. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Nice fakery, skip.

Well, either it's fakery, or you've been telling the tax man porkies.:mrgreen:

8. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

there is a build thread for the pmodel here http://forum.zealot.com/t155998/
  9. Master-Bruce

LOL! Just trying to level the playin' field. :D Can't help with instructions for the robot model though. It is complex, almost intimidating even.

Logicman, Sorry I don't follow you???
  10. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Sorry, I was perhaps having a 'senior moment'.:mrgreen:

The photo of the vehicles and plane - your private collection?

I meant that if it's not a fake photo, then that's an extremely valuable private collection, which I'm sure the taxman doesn't know about. Telling the taxman porkies - porky pies = lies.

I guess if I have to explain my joke to someone of your wit and intelligence then it's not that funny so I'll just switch off my computer and go and sulk in a corner and bang my head against the wall until they let me have my crayons back wall1wall1wall1wall1wall1

Sorry about the brief hijack, I'm rather well known for that.

Back on topic - if I find any info that might help you with this project I'll pass it on to you.

Good luck.
  11. Master-Bruce

LOL!!! Got ya! Sorry buddy, I'd just woke up so my brain was still booting up, not even drank my first coffee of the day yet. I'm known to be a little slow when it comes to jokes sometimes too. :)

My bad. That would be quite a collection to have though eh? "Just popping out in the Raptor dear, I'll be back in time for dinner!" :D
  12. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Hmmm... dang I haven't checked that one out... hehe!!!

I was actually scared to try the Pmodel raptor... but now... :twisted: