F16 Kartonowy arsenal

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by ripper, Jun 20, 2005.

1. ripper

ripper Member

Dear all, after approximately 10 months, my work on this bird is slowly nearing to the end...
    I have used the enhancing kit (gun bay, front electronic bay, refuelling bay, aireal brakes, etc), which gave me a lot of creeps and long hours of thinking...
    More pictures will come, if you are interested...
  2. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Of course, we are all interested, Ripper - keep them coming, and nice to hear from you again. Been a while, hasn't it? - Leif
  3. Gil

Gil Active Member

Don't be shy, let her rip! Curious minds must see your work, so, stand and deliver! Please...,

4. ripper

ripper Member

Thanks for your kind words...

Yeah, time is scarce for all of us, I presume... So although I dropped on this side once upon a while, I did not have time or even energy to contribute ;-) And as my current project (this F16) is slowly getting to the end, I would post a few more pictures, which I snapped here and there during the process... (I am not able to post them today - now I am sittin in "my" ICU and I have to stay there till morning...)
    But before I start, a kind reply to Bernie - he asks me (in Czech, actually :idea: ) about that horse-waggon on the third picture... As you see, the producing facilities of Ripper Works, ltd., consist of large tarmac full of junk - a scrapyard, but of paper ;-)
    This horse-waggon is one of my small project, not finished up to now. It is a classical Woerman-built, available in two versions, either with plastic roof (on the picture) or with a detachable roof (you can see it on the very right, from the back). Actually, my friend uses such a Woerman (only without that horse on it) and I would like one as well - too expensive for me, I am afraid... By the way, would anybody be interested in such a vehicle? How many of you would build such a thing (with side and backdoors, both versions could be built)?
  5. ripper

ripper Member

So, just to begin somehow... I have chosen the F16 because I wanted a big, nice, modern airplaine... In fact I love the F14, but it was not available at that time. So I bought the Halinski F16C, 86-262 "Mig Killer", first "big mouth plane" of the Block 30D. I bought also the enhancing set for it - it consists of gun bay w. gun drum, electronics bay with electronics, refuelling bay, detailed airbrakes, small thing here-and-there and least, but not last of 4 Sidewinders and 2 AMRRAMs.
    This enhancing set was indeed tailored specifically for the F16, but I can not think otherwise that the author did not take the inner structure into much account. You will see...
    Also the whole F16 has a few very deep mistakes (and survived on my tarmac two attempts to put it into scrapyard only by a fraction...). We will get to it as well.
    The first process was of forming the front cone, quite uneventfull, only the very first part I have made of needle. On the picture, you can see the final version, enhanced with RFBs, kindly made by Vasek68.
    Then I continued with the front part. It has taken a great deal of triing to cut the heavy cardboard just enough to put the front electronic bay in place... Do not expect much of instructions...
    To be continued...
  6. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Your work on the F-16 looks great so far. I would also love to see more pictures of it when you get the chance.

Where did you get this enhancement set you are speaking of? I have never seen or heard of such a thing.

I do remember seeing something here about an enhancement done to the Halinski P-39. It was in some polish or possibly czech paper model magazine. They had added the machine guns and engine. I don't know whether or not it was just pictures of something somebody had done or if the add-ons came as a part of the magazine. If the P-39 enhancements actually came with the magazine and if the F-16 enhancements are available somewhere also, could somebody please help me get my hands on both of them?

p.s. I noticed the horse trailer the first time I saw the pics also and I thought that it looked very cool!
  7. Bernie

Bernie Member

Hi Ripper, thank you for your reply.

About the horse-waggon if you can release for sure there will be somebody eg me to built it - but not immediate /remember that my neighbour used this when moved himself to his new house. He had that time very old used waggon with tent roof/some small holes a some damages on wooden plates /no side door/ - and then is here an option to make this with ice-box and TV-set inside waggon:D or a material for roof construction which he carried wtih this as well/- this is original model for MDT - small vehicles category

About F16 - looking forward to meet this in Ostrava
  8. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Dustin, the enhancements for the P39 Airacobra were published in Kartonowy Fan 1-2 2004. Unfortunately, I don't have them, but perhaps some friend in Poland could help out.

How about posting a request in a separate thread (greater visibility)?

9. ripper

ripper Member

The enhancing set...

Here it is...
    Kartonowy Fan 2-3/2000
  10. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Thank you Ripper. I have started a new thread about the magazines Here.

Keep us posted with details about the F-16 :D