F&c Prr H30

e-paw

Mar 16, 2007
saylorsburg pa
I just finished my first resin kit an Funaro & Camerlengo H30 hopper. This was a real nice kit to build. It could be a little difficult to put together if your used to shake the box kits. If you want to do one and are new to resin like me try a box car first before you tackle a hopper (the end details can be frustrating to a newcomer).
The instructions could have bin clearer on the locations of some parts, more pics would be a big help. The info on car#s and build dates was great. All in all a good build. so take a look:thumb:.

Attachments

• h30-1.jpg
    h30-1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 43
  • h30-2.jpg
    h30-2.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 43

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
You certainly picked a doozy of a car to start with. :eek: With a 1935 built date, these cars were fairly early in the evolution of covered hoppers and would suit my modeling era perfectly: if I ever get caught up with my other projects, I may give one a try.
Very nice work on your car, and the paint and weathering looks great, too. :thumb::thumb:

Wayne

e-paw

Mar 16, 2007
saylorsburg pa
thanks doctor Wayne:wave:. I have a question for you... How did you see the build date???? :eek: My eyes are still pretty good and I have a decent monitor,, I can't read them from the pics I posted. Did you zoom in and how???:?::?::?:

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Naw, my eyes aren't that great either. :rolleyes: I was semi-aware of this car (big covered hopper fan) and knew that it was fairly early, but I "googled" it, just to get the exact built date. ;):-D:-D There are some nice proto pics there, too.

Wayne