F 86 Sabre - Fly Model

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Tad, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Tad

Tad Member

This post have been rebuilded due to vanishing of my photos.

Hi to everybody,
    it takes me a long time, but it is. Here are some photos of my F 86 E Sabre made from old kit from Fly Model (about 3 months ago). Hovever the kit is old (about 8-10 years) the paper is wonderful - probably the best I've meet.
    Plane is comparatively easy but not simplified. I used canopy from company Gomix, made some changes (in cockpit and gears). Everything fitted rather well hovever there is a serious problem with designing models by Fly Model - it concerns fitting wings to fuselage - some experience nedeed to make it good.
    Plane unfortunately fell down so has some brushes. Sorry for the fidelity of photos - have not to good camera. Pictures come from two sessions made two different cameras. Have fun

More photos you can find here

I have problems with attaching small signatures from Photobucket. Is there any limit of pictures allowed in one post?
  2. Tad

Tad Member

And some more...

3. Darwin

Darwin Member

Very nicely done, Tad. Is this from the FM F-86/Mig-15 kit? I've got to admit that I'm partial to the D version, but the E is fine too.
  4. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

What a lovely model! One of my favourites, too. Would seem to be an excellent subject for trying out the alu skin effects developed by Gil. And perhaps some careful toning down of the rivets and panel lines.

Marvellous build, judging from the photographs - congratulations! Those landing gears look particularly intriguing.

5. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Superb build, Tad! :D

Was this a stand alone kit or the one that came with the Mig-15 as well? I have the combo kit, and I really like the way you did the landing gear details, brilliantly done.

If you can, how about a few more photos of the cockpit...it looks like a real nice job in there and it'd be a shame if you couldn't get a better look. :wink:

6. Tad

Tad Member

Thank you guys for nice words. Yes - this the kit with Mig 15 - I'd like to built the Mig also, but the camouflage isn't interesting to me, so project must wait. Some more photos of cockpit and all plane will be done soon - hope with better fidelity.
  7. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Just goes to show, I have a lot to learn. Very, very good job Tad!!! ;)
  8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Very nice! I liked the detailed cockpit. This is something I still have to work on in my models.

I wish you do the MiG, I would like to see that!
  9. emayday

emayday Member

Super job Tad.........even from a ship guy, it looks great. Ed
  10. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Wow you did an awesome job Tad. You made this beautiful bird look great. I have been longing for this kit for some time now, and seeing your wonderful model makes me want it even more. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us all and please continue to show them to us.
  11. Tad

Tad Member

thanks for nice words. As I said somwhere I've got a lot of scans for my use but those interested in will know what to do.
  12. raiwong

raiwong Member

Very impressive work, Tad. Keep up the good work.